Daniel J. Canney, Ph.D., R.Ph.
Associate Professor of Medicinal Chemistry
Director of Graduate Studies
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
3307 N. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19140
office Room 516
phone (215) 707-6924
Professional Level Courses:
- Course Coordinator for Med Chem II.
- Course Coordinator for Med Chem III.
Graduate Level Courses:
- Course Coordinator for Pharmaceutical Analysis.
- Course Coordinator for Advanced Medicinal Chemistry I
- Course Coordinator for Advanced Medicinal Chemistry II
Four Ph.D. graduate students are currently working on their research projects. Current Thesis and Dissertation Advising/teaching (M.S. and Ph.D. in Medicinal Chemistry):
- Otito Iwuchukwu, Ph.D Candidate. 09/05-present.
- working on a project in collaboration with Dr. Nagar
- Ph.D. Thesis Title: "Synthesis and Conjugation of resveratrol isomers and the contribution of its metabolism to decreased bioavailability."
- Sivakumar Annadurai, Ph.D. Candidate. 09/05-present.
- involved in a collaborative project with Dr. Abou-Gharbia involving the development of a small library of compounds targeting the glutamate transporter.
- Ph.D. Thesis Title: "Design, synthesis and screening of a library of novel ligands for the glutamate transporter (GLT1)."
- Ritchie Bhandare, 09/06-present.
- Ph.D. Thesis Title: "Design and synthesis of lactone-based, subtype selective ligands for muscarinic acetylcholine receptors."
- Rong Gao, 09/06-present.
- Ph.D. Thesis Title: "Design, synthesis, and evaluation of novel subtype-selective ligands for muscarinic acetylcholine receptors."