Why Temple School of Pharmacy
- Temple University School of Pharmacy (TUSP) is part of a comprehensive health sciences campus where students are
provided with a unique opportunity for cross-disciplinary learning.
- Our student population is globally diverse. The 2008 edition of The Best 366 Colleges, published by The Princeton Review, ranked Temple University No. 1 on its list of most diverse student
- TUSP has been graduating women and
minorities for over 100 years.
- Temple University is a research
- We are located in the epicenter of the
pharmaceutical industry and have a strong relationship with the FDA as well as the nation's top pharmaceutical
- Our faculty members are active clinical
practitioners and pharmaceutical
scientists. The School offers the following degrees:
- The PharmD curriculum provides the
opportunity for students to differentiate their degrees by selecting elective tracks leading to Certificates in specialty areas such as Nuclear Pharmacy, Clinical Trials, Business, Drug Safety and Advanced Clinical Practice.
- The School provides a comprehensive learning environment including a patient simulation teaching lab, a parenteral lab, and several research labs that provide
students with the opportunity to conduct 'hands-on' research with world class
- Our School is one of only 6 in the
country that has a cGMP manufacturing facility, as well as the following
- We offer over 350 pharmacy practice sites for
experiential education, including specialized
rotation sites in:
- Harrisburg legislative offices
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in Maryland
- The Food and Drug Administration
- The US Public Health Services (Navajo
reservations) in Arizona and New Mexico
- The Institute for Safe Medication Practice
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Our tuition is one of the lowest in the
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Students can build their professional portfolios through published articles and through
presentations at national meetings (the School
subsidizes the travel of numerous students to national meetings annually).
- TUSP promotes professional and career development initiatives including:
- faculty mentorship
- focused roundtable events
- career days
- guest lectures, and a
- self-assessment program to help refine
professional career goals.
- Technology investments have earned Temple
University a spot of The Princeton Review's list of the 20 "most connected, plugged-in, and high-tech
campuses in the country."
- A $16 million TECH Center, one of the largest
on-campus computer facilities of its kind in the
nation, opened on Main Campus in 2006.
- With more than 7,500 alumni, we currently graduate
approximately 130 pharmacists annually.
- Philadelphia is a world class city where students can enjoy countless restaurants, museums, stores,
nightclubs and exciting cultural and historical venues.
- Campus life is vibrant and safe.
Our alumni say...
"Temple offers the ideal combination of education, diversity, community service, bright and friendly colleagues, and a supportive atmosphere."
Laura Hayn, PharmD '07, Pharmacy Practice Resident, University of North Carolina Hospitals
"The QA/RA program provided a broad knowledge base of the various disciplines within the pharmaceutical industry and exposed me to the different regulations and guidances available to do my day-to-day work. I am now more equipped and confident and more successful in my career."
Dany Hembekides, PharmD, MS '07, BCPS, Senior Scientist, Medical Pharmacovigilance, Wyeth Research
"I chose Temple because of its strength in pharmaceutics, and Philadelphia because of the job opportunities."
Shahrzad Missaghi, Ph.D. '07, Global Applications Technologist, Modified Release Department, Colorcon, Inc.