|Spring 2013 Semester
I'm happy to announce that the recently launched 20 hours Certificate in Virtual Teaching Program is now also being offered as an online non-credit program. Dates and registration information are listed below the program description.
Dominique Kliger, Ph.D.
Assistant V.P. and
Distance Learning and Summer Programs Director
Certificate in Virtual Teaching Program
This 20 hour Virtual Teaching Certificate Program was designed to assist anyone who is new to online teaching strategies, but would like to start teaching online and hybrid courses in future semesters. The program was designed to assist future online teachers to expand their knowledge on topics such as:
1. When to adopt synchronous versus asynchronous class activities
2. How to choose from the vast array of online technologies available at Temple for online teaching
3. Understand how students behave, and learn in the online learning environment
4. How to create online course assessment activities
5. Utilizing social media
6. Best practices to engage online students
7. Items to include in online course syllabus
8. Online course design
9. Teaching strategies best practices
10.Hands on practice with virtual learning environments
This program will be offered over 4 Wednesdays: Feb. 6,13,20, and 27, from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The price of the program is $375.00. To register, please click on the link below:
If you are new to Temple University and our online teaching initiatives, I'd encourage you to read more about the
NUTN Shirley Davis Award received by Prof. Ruth Farber in 2010 and
by Prof. Catherine Schifter (honored mention award) in 2011. To view
the institutional video sponsored by Temple's Distance Learning Program
for the NUTN award ceremony, please click on Prof. Farber's video image.
Prof. Ruth Farber
College of Health Professions: Rehabilitation Sciences
|Prof. Catherine Schfter receiving congratulations from Valerie Gay.
College of Education