department of radiology
History of the Department
Temple University Hospital, the major clinical teaching facility of Temple University School of Medicine, was founded in 1891. Today's modern facility serves as both a tertiary referral center and a primary health provider for the surrounding community. The following provides insight into some of the hospital's extensive patient care services, research activities, and comprehensive array of graduate medical training programs; information about the Temple University Health System (TUHS) is also included.
In April 1992, the Department of Diagnostic Imaging was renamed in recognition of a generous grant from the SmithKline Beecham Foundation, a Philadelphia-based corporate leader that has continued its long tradition of support for Temple University and its teaching hospital. These funds have been used to support the capital equipment needs of the Department of Radiology. The Department's imaging areas occupy a large percentage of the hospital's first floor. More than 275,000 procedures are performed annually within the entire Department.
Chairman of Department of Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
Department of Radiology
Patient scheduling, film and report copies, or to reach a physician
T: 215-707-XRAY (9729)
Charles Jungreis, MD
Temple University School of Medicine
3401 N. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA 19140
Residency Program Office
Beverly Hershey, MD, Program Director