Starting in April, we will start posting information and forms that need to be completed prior to matriculation. The checklist below will help you keep track of all materials.
- Certiphi Background Check: Once AMCAS is notified of your acceptance, you will receive an email from Certiphi with a link to log onto their system and provide consent for the background check. Once your background check is complete, you will have 10 days to review and release the information.
Should you be charged, convicted of, or plead guilty or no contest to a misdemeanor or felony crime after the date of your original AMCAS application submission, you are required to notify Dr. Audrey Uknis in writing within 10 days. This communication should be sent by certified mail to Dr. Uknis at the address on the acceptance letter. Matriculation is contingent upon successful resolution of any reports of a criminal activity to the satisfaction of Temple University School of Medicine.
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance: Completion of a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and resolution of any reports of child abuse to the satisfaction of Temple University School of Medicine. Instructions on obtaining this report can be found here.
- Student Health Forms: All incoming medical students are required to get a physical and provide proof of titers/immunizations. Student Health Forms are available here.
- Student Health Insurance: All medical students are required to have health insurance. The University offers insurance through Independence Blue Cross. Plan overviews and rates are available mid-summer. The University health insurance coverage period is from September 1, 2014 through August 30, 2015. Starting in mid-August all students must opt out of the University health insurance by providing proof of insurance coverage or select one of the plans offered through the University.
- Summer Reading Assignment: All incoming medical students are asked to read one of three books which will be discussed at Orientation. A description of the book choices will be available in May. You must sign up for one of the books on the google doc sent by email.
- White Coat Ceremony: We look forward to officially welcoming you to the profession of medicine during the White Coat Ceremony on Friday, August 8th at 10 a.m. The Ceremony will be held in the Temple Performing Arts Center on Temple’s main campus. Please use link sent by email to complete the name calling form and order your white coat for the white coat ceremony. Each student will automatically receive four tickets at Orientation. If you need additional tickets, we will assist you with that when they are distributed on Monday, August 4th.
- SEPTA Pass Information: A discounted SEPTA semester pass is available through the University. Information and the application can be found here:
The pass is valid from late August through mid-December so you will need to purchase weekly SEPTA passes for the first few weeks of the fall semester.
- Housing Information: Sent by email
- Roommate Wanted List: Sent by email
- Carpool Wanted List: Sent by email
Financial Aid Information
- 2014 FAFSA: If you will be applying for the Stafford Loan or you wish to be considered for need based Institutional Scholarships, you need to complete a FAFSA, including your parent information. The FAFSA can be completed online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/.
- Institutional Scholarships: Temple University School of Medicine offers both merit- and need-based Institutional Scholarships. All accepted students are considered for these scholarships. Accepted students are considered for merit scholarships based on their science GPA and MCAT score. Need-based scholarships are based on the student and parent information on the FAFSA.
- Stafford Loan: Once we receive a verified FAFSA, all incoming medical students will automatically be packaged with a Stafford Loan.
- GradPLUS Loan: Incoming students are encouraged to not apply for the GradPLUS loan until the tuition and fees have been set by the Board of Trustees in late June. Students wishing to obtain a GradPLUS loan need to complete a 2014-15 Graduate Enrollment Data Sheet which can be found here.