The J-1 Student Intern Application/Instructions are available at ISD_J1_Student_Intern_Application
ISSS will need th following documents from the Intern
- Completed and signed Form DS-7002 confirming prospective intern’s acceptance of terms of internship; the form is available online at http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/84240.pdf;
- Completed and signed Student Certification Portion of DS-2019 Request Form (see page 5 of this document);
- Documentation of sufficient funding (minimum of $1,000/month for prospective intern, $333/month for a spouse, and $208/month/child);
- Proof that the prospective intern has obtained necessary health insurance for the duration of his/her internship;
- Copy of prospective intern’s and accompanying dependent’s biographical/photo pages from current passport (for information on dependents, see page 4);
- Letter from home university on official school letterhead and signed by cognizant department chair and school registrar. The letter should be in English and provide written documentation that the U.S. internship engaged in by the student will "fulfill the educational objectives for his or her current degree program at his or her home institution."
- Letter from student (template provided on page 7 of this document).
- Copy of Biographical page of passport
Materials from the inviting department. These materials should be combined with the materials listed above and submitted to ISSS):
- Letter to prospective intern from department chair describing the internship program; and
- Letter to International Services from inviting department chair on Temple letterhead (template provided on page 8 of this document).
- UPS mailing label if you want the document sent express mail.