Students in J-1 Exchange Visitor (Student) Status
Overview of Regulations Affecting International Students In J1 Non-immigrant Student Status
The information on this web site is provided as an overview of the regulations that affect non-immigrant students in J-1 Exchange Visitor Status. Individuals for whom Temple University issued form DS-2019 should contact an advisor in the Office of International Services with questions regarding employment, extensions, etc. Individuals who have had their DS-2019 issued by another organization need to contact their sponsors regarding extensions and employment authorization. Additional information regarding the J-1 Visa Program can be found on the U.S. Department of State's web site at http://exchanges.state.gov/education/jexchanges/ (THIS LINK WAS BAD, NOW GOES TO http://exchanges.state.gov/ AND I DON'T KNOW IF THAT IS CORRECT OR NOT; ALSO NEEDS REWORDING.)
THIS WHOLE MENU NEEDS TO BE CHECKED TO SEE IF DOCUMENTS ALREADY EXIST OR NEED TO BE ADDED.
- Academic Training (Added Oct 11 - it is instructions for a form that has been deleted)
- Reinstatement to J-1 Status (oct 11 - added link to document in current-students area)
- J-1 Student Employment Options this has yet another menu that needs creating with 3 new docs or maybe it should link to something already created in the employment menu?
- J-1 Insurance Requirements should this link to the hr page (http://www.temple.edu/hr/students/healthinsurance/international.htm)?
- Maintaining Your J-1 Status links to old document temporarily. I've not created this document, but it seems that in current-students that the maintaing status document only refers to F1 people. Should the document linked be added and then the menu have two subcategories?
- Two Year Home Residency Requirement added link i think is good
- Application for Waiver of Two Year Home Residence Requirement bad link
- Extensions and Transfers No Longer Processed During 30 Grace Period bad link
- Extension of J-1 Status for Students still linked to old document temporarily because it does not match the new form very much - should I just go ahead and link it?
- J-2 Work Authorization links to a page not found - don't know what to do
- Driver's License Information linked to a page not found - should I just link to the driver's licence info in general information?
- Application for Waiver of Two Year Home Residence Requirement links to file not found (perhaps it should go to http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/info/info_1296.html ???
- International Students and Arrests added link to file in immigration area; I think it is good.
QUESTION. SOME OF THIS INFO IS IN THE "J-1EXCHANGE VISITOR SCHOLAR" MENU. IS THERE SOME REASON THAT ALL THE INFORMATION LISTED HERE CANNOT BE ADDED TO THAT LIST RATHER THAN KEEP THE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION HERE BURRIED (I've only seen one place where this page is linked so far and it is almost invisible - just says more info HERE.