International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) CANNOT TRANSFER YOUR SEVIS RECORD IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED A FAVORABLE WAIVER RECOMMENDATION FROM DEPT of STATE
- You must be pursuing the same program objective at the new institution
- You must remain in the same J category (i.e. research scholar, professor, etc)
- No SEVIS record will be released to another institution until a complete Transfer Form is submitted to ISSS
- The new school’s International Advisor/ Responsible Officer must confirm the SEVIS release date before we will transfer your SEVIS record
Before beginning the transfer process you should discuss your plans with the Immigration Advisor/Responsible Responsible Officer at both Temple University and the new institution. You will need to make a definite decision about the transfer and make sure that all the parties involved have agreed on the date of transfer.
In order for our office to transfer your SEVIS record to another institution, ISSS must receive:
- Email message from the J-1 Exchange Visitor stating:
- Your First and Last Name
- Date of Birth
- SEVIS # (listed at the top right-hand page of your Form DS-2019)
- Name of new institution to which you wish to transfer
- Email message from the International Office at your new institution stating:
- His/her name, job title and phone #
- Date that we should transfer your SEVIS record
- The new institution’s J Program #
- Your field of research at the new institution.
- Email message from your current supervisor stating:
- Her/his name, title and phone #
- Your last day at Temple University
- Statement confirming that you will be continuing your original program objective at the new institution (i.e. you will be doing the same activity in the new institution that you are doing now at Temple)
Once our office receives these three emails we will transfer your SEVIS record to the new institution.