New International Student Registration
Date: August 13 - 16
All new international students are required to attend the New International Student Orientation. Due to unforeseen circumstances, if students cannot attend orientation during August 13-16, please contact Brisilda Doma.
- Mandatory immigration check-in (bring Passport, Form I-20)
- Required meeting with academic advisor for course selection
- University orientation
- Essential immigration information
- Health and safety
- Campus resources (library, writing center, tutoring)
- University life orientation (student organizations, recreational activities)
- Learn how to cross cultures successfully/adapt to the American student lifestyle
Explore Philadelphia Activities
- Shopping trips
- Philadelphia City tour
- Register for free airport pick-up (from Philadelphia International Airport/PHL) for all incoming students on August 11-12 from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., every two hours.
- August 13-16, Orientation Schedule
All Fall 2014 incoming students will move-in to their permanent on campus housing on Saturday, August 16, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Students who register for FREE orientation housing will be staying at the Johnson and Hardwick Residence Hall (J&H) from August 13 - 16, 2014. On August 16, students will move from J&H to their permanent housing.
All incoming freshman and transfer students must complete (unless exempt) English and Math Placement Testing before they arrive at Temple University. Both tests can be taken online. The link for the online Placement Testing and New Student Questionnaire (NSQ) system will be emailed to you after you have submitted your deposit. The purpose of the Placement Testing is to determine your level in the first year writing course and math course. The test must be taken without assistance from others and whatever the score, it will not affect your admission.