New International Student Orientation Week Registration
Date: August 12 - 15 (Registration is now CLOSED-the link below won't work)
All new international students are required to attend the New International Student Orientation. Due to unforeseen circumstances, if students cannot attend orientation during August 12-15, please contact Brisilda Doma.
Orientation Topics and Activities
- Mandatory immigration check-in (bring Passport, Form I-20, SEVIS receipt)
- Required meeting with academic advisor for course selection
- University orientation
- Essential immigration information
- Health and safety
- Campus resources (library, writing center, tutoring)
- University life orientation (student organizations, recreational activities)
- Learn how to cross cultures successfully/adapt to the American student lifestyle
Explore Philadelphia Activities
- Shopping trips
- Philadelphia city tour
- Register for free airport pick-up (from Philadelphia International Airport/PHL) for all incoming students on August 10-11 from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., every two hours.
If you will be arriving at a different date/time that will prevent you from using the shuttle service, transportation to Temple University Main Campus is still available at a cost.
Getting from Philadelphia Airport to Temple University
Students who register for FREE orientation housing will be staying at the Johnson & Hardwick Residence Hall (J&H) from the date of the arrival, August 10 or 11, to August 15, 2015. On August 15, students will move from J&H Residence Hall to their permanent housing.
All Fall 2015 incoming undergraduate students who reside at J&H Residence Hall for the orientation will move in to their permanent on-campus housing on Saturday, August 15, 2015 from 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Johnson and Hardwick Hall
2029 N. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122-1115
All incoming freshmen and transfer students must complete (unless exempt) English and Math Placement Testing before they arrive at Temple University. Both tests can be taken online. The link for the online Placement Testing and New Student Questionnaire (NSQ) system will be emailed to you after you have submitted your deposit. The purpose of the Placement Testing is to determine your level in the first year writing course and math course. The test must be taken without assistance from others and whatever the score, it will not affect your admission.