Aging in Place
- Aging in place: Living and receiving services in your home for as long as possible
- Successful aging: Living independently, making your own decisions, and engaging in enjoyable activities
- Privacy: Being alone when you want to be
- Personal care services: Professionals helping you when you need it
- In-home health care: Professionals helping you in your home
Notes and References
These are a few key terms to think about as we continue this learning module.
First, when we talk about "aging in place," we are discussing how people can live and receive services in our own homes for as long as possible. "Successful aging" is about living independently, making our own decisions, and engaging in enjoyable activities as long as we wish. "Privacy" is being alone when we want to be. "Personal care services" are having professionals to help us do activities or tasks when we need it. Finally, "in-home health care" is having professionals to help us in our homes.