Pennsylvania's Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT)
ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY (AT) RESOURCES
WEB RESOURCES - Vision
- American Foundation for the Blind
Comprehensive website for people who are visually impaired, providing extensive information on job access, assistive technology, and healthy independent living.
- National Federation of the Blind
As one of the largest organizations for the blind in the country, the NFB strives to improve the lives of people who are blind through advocacy, education, research, technology, and programs encouraging independence and self-confidence. The website provides extensive resources for living, learning, working, and recreation all centered on blind individuals.
- American Council of the Blind
The activities of the ACB focus on improving the well-being of all people who are blind and visually impaired in all aspects of life: social, economic, cultural, education. In addition, The Council provides information and resources pertaining to laws and government actions that are important to the Blind community.
- Learning Ally
Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic™ works with leading publishers and technology innovators to bring accessible materials to individuals with visual and learning disabilities.
- What is Assistive Technology?
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Plan for Assistive Technology (download, Word-213KB)
- Assistive Technology Resource Centers
- Pennsylvania's Assistive Technology Lending Library
- REEP—Recycled Equipment Exchange Project
- TDDP—Telecommunication Device Distribution Program
- Assistive Technology Device Demonstration
- Funding for Assistive Technology
- Related Websites
Voice: 800-204-PIAT (7428), in state
TTY: 866-268-0579, in state
Institute on Disabilities
1755 N. 13th Street
Student Center, Room 411S
Philadelphia, PA 19122