Pennsylvania's Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT)
ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY (AT) RESOURCES
WEB RESOURCES - Word Processing - Free Trial Resources
- Text Cloner Pro
Scanning package designed to work with the user's screen reader voice capabilities (e.g., JAWS, Window-Eyes). Features a high-performance Optical Character Recognition (OCR) engine, as well as a built-in spell checker. One-touch functionality means all important tasks can be accomplished with a single keystroke.
- Talking Word Processor
Fully-functional word processor with text-to-speech capability. It is compatible with up-to-date word and text formats, it has talking grammar and talking word prediction features. Also it has an extensive dictionary, highlight and extract tools.
- Premier Predictor Pro
Word predictor program—predicts words being typed based on English patterns—that works with many programs and applications: word processing, spreadsheets, and email. List can be scrolled through using arrow keys and has a read-aloud feature.
Educational software providing reading and writing support tools for learners, ESL students and anyone looking to make the writing process easier. Features text-to-speech, word prediction, spell-check and more.
- What is Assistive Technology?
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Plan for Assistive Technology (download, Word-213KB)
- Assistive Technology Resource Centers
- Pennsylvania's Assistive Technology Lending Library
- REEP—Recycled Equipment Exchange Project
- TDDP—Telecommunication Device Distribution Program
- Assistive Technology Device Demonstration
- Funding for Assistive Technology
- Related Websites
Voice: 800-204-PIAT (7428), in state
TTY: 866-268-0579, in state
Institute on Disabilities
1601 N. Broad Street
University Services Bldg., Suite 610
Philadelphia, PA 19122