Pennsylvania's Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT)
ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY (AT) RESOURCES
WEB RESOURCES - Assistive Technology and Transition
- National Center for Secondary Education and Transition
Coordinates national resources, offers technical assistance, and disseminates information related to secondary education and transition from school to work for young people with disabilities.
- U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights
Tasked with ensuring equal access to education and promoting educational excellence throughout the nation through vigorous enforcement of civil rights. The OCR has extensive resources about federal programs and initiatives to facilitate learning.
- Going to College - Exploring Technology
Provides background on what assistive technology is and how it is used in the transition to a college setting. Provides resources about where to acquire college-oriented AT devices and where to find product reviews.
- National Alliance for Secondary Education and Transition
Voluntary coalition which identifies the steps for successful participation in postsecondary education and training, civic engagement, meaningful employment, and adult life.
- The College of New Jersey "Transition"
Article about the transition from high school to college for students with learning disabilities and the importance of acquiring the available accommodations.
Information, resources, and technical assistance to parents of young adults, 14 through 21, with disabilities, and the professionals who work with them on transition-related topics, such as post secondary options, housing, employment, and recreation.
- National Secondary Transitional Technical Assistance Center
Builds capacity for each state to support and improve transition planning, services, and outcomes for youth with disabilities. Disseminates information about legal issues, evidence-based practice, products and post-secondary educational resources.
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Provides programs, training and resources to guide children with special healthcare needs as they transition into the role of managing their own healthcare as adults.
- What is Assistive Technology?
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Plan for Assistive Technology (download, Word-213KB)
- Assistive Technology Resource Centers
- Pennsylvania's Assistive Technology Lending Library
- REEP—Recycled Equipment Exchange Project
- TDDP—Telecommunication Device Distribution Program
- Assistive Technology Device Demonstration
- Funding for Assistive Technology
- Related Websites
Voice: 800-204-PIAT (7428), in state
TTY: 866-268-0579, in state
Institute on Disabilities
1601 N. Broad Street
University Services Bldg., Suite 610
Philadelphia, PA 19122