Pennsylvania's Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT)
ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY (AT) RESOURCES
WEB RESOURCES - Reading, Writing, and Organization Aids
- National Center to Improve Practice in Special Education
Information about word prediction software, including background information, ideas of how to navigate through the prediction programs, research concerning word prediction and suggestions of different products.
Webspiration is an online visual thinking, learning and collaborative tool for all students and teachers. Assignments and work can be saved on different computers and accessed by multiple individuals.
- LD online
Leading website on learning disabilities and ADHD, including the most up-to-date information. The site serves adolescents and adults with learning disabilities and has extensive resources on every aspect or learning and disability. This includes transition information from school to college and college to the work force.
- Crick Software
Innovative educational software for students of all ages and abilities. Extensive resources for the development of educational plans and specific lessons. Many resources are free.
- The Gutenberg Project
A collection of free online eBooks for use on a computer or electronic reader device.
- What is Assistive Technology?
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Plan for Assistive Technology (download, Word-213KB)
- Assistive Technology Resource Centers
- Pennsylvania's Assistive Technology Lending Library
- REEP—Recycled Equipment Exchange Project
- TDDP—Telecommunication Device Distribution Program
- Assistive Technology Device Demonstration
- Funding for Assistive Technology
- Related Websites
Voice: 800-204-PIAT (7428), in state
TTY: 866-268-0579, in state
Institute on Disabilities
1601 N. Broad Street
University Services Bldg., Suite 610
Philadelphia, PA 19122