Pennsylvania's Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT)
ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY (AT) RESOURCES
WEB RESOURCES - Telecommunications / Media
As a provider of caption telephones, CapTel provides information about ways to access caption phones either through their hardware products or software on the computer. Support and information about the use of caption phones is also provided.
- Described and Captioned Media Program
The DCMP promotes and provides equal access to communication and learning through described and captioned educational media. The program's services are featured on the site, including a free-loan library of educational material and a clearing house of information about education, accessibility, deafness, blindness, and other topics.
- Federal Communication Commission
The FCC is an independent United States government agency charged with regulating interstate and international communications by radio, television, wire, satellite, and cable. Information about telecommunication issues in your area.
Search engine that finds captioned movies in your area according to the date and distance limit of your choosing.
- Pennsylvania Relay Service
Phone service regulated by the Public Utility Commission offering persons who are hearing deaf, hard of hearing or speech disabled, three ways to connect using the telephone: Traditional Relay, Video Relay, and Internet Relay.
- Caption Fish
Search engine for finding captioned movies in your area by searching local theaters around your desired location.
- What is Assistive Technology?
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Plan for Assistive Technology (download, Word-213KB)
- Assistive Technology Resource Centers
- Pennsylvania's Assistive Technology Lending Library
- REEP—Recycled Equipment Exchange Project
- TDDP—Telecommunication Device Distribution Program
- Assistive Technology Device Demonstration
- Funding for Assistive Technology
- Related Websites
Voice: 800-204-PIAT (7428), in state
TTY: 866-268-0579, in state
Institute on Disabilities
1755 N. 13th Street
Student Center, Room 411S
Philadelphia, PA 19122