Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Vocabulary Set: College Life
- Vocabulary Set: Emergency Preparedness
- Vocabulary Set: Employment
- Vocabulary Set: Health Care
- Vocabulary Set: Personal Assistance Service
- Vocabulary Set: Reporting or Telling about Being a Victim of a Crime
- Vocabulary Set: Sexuality, Intimacy and Healthy Sex
- Vocabulary Set: Transportation
- Introduction to AAC Vocabularies
- Questions or Comments?
Successful employment requires more than skills and knowledge specific to a particular job. Most employers suggest that work-related skills such as punctuality, reliability, problem solving, and YES communication are also critical. Whether you have to interact with your boss, co-workers, supervisor, or customers, effective and efficient communication is essential. This places unique demands on individuals who rely on AAC technologies, especially where pre-programmed vocabulary and corresponding symbols are not available on the communication device or where the individual cannot effective and efficiently spell needed words. Quick access to the needed employment-related vocabulary and its corresponding graphic symbols should be helpful.
Following you will find access to: