Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Vocabulary Set: College Life
- Vocabulary Set: Emergency Preparedness
- Vocabulary Set: Employment
- Vocabulary Set: Health Care
- Vocabulary Set: Personal Assistance Service
- Vocabulary Set: Reporting or Telling about Being a Victim of a Crime
- Vocabulary Set: Sexuality, Intimacy and Healthy Sex
- Vocabulary Set: Transportation
- Introduction to AAC Vocabularies
- Questions or Comments?
College life is often demanding, stressful, hard work, and lots of fun. The purpose of this vocabulary set is to support the communication needs of individuals who rely on AAC and who are attending college. The vocabulary set selected is not based on a specific college class (e.g., Art History 101, American Literature 103), but for more effective communication in a wide range of college activities (e.g. registration, academics, extracurricular college life as well as the very important social component of college life such as housing, transportation within the college, disability resources and accessibility).
This vocabulary set was developed with the input of 8 individuals who rely on AAC and who are either currently attending college or who have attended college within the past 5 years. In addition, non-disabled students and professionals involved in college life as either faculty, advisors, or disability resources persons also participated in generating needed vocabulary.
Following you will find access to:
- The Full College Vocabulary Set
- Unity 128 Icon Sequences
- Mayer-Johnson Picture Communication Symbols (PCS)