10-10:30 Greetings and Networking
10:30-10:45 Welcome and Introductions
10:45-11:45 Best Practices Workshop
1-1:45 PALOMA GPC Business and Program Planning
1:45-2 Next Month’s Agenda and Announcements
2013-2014 Meeting Schedule
Friday, September 27, 2013 Saint Joseph’s University
Friday, October 25, 2013 Eastern University
Friday, November 22, 2013 LaSalle University
Friday, December 13, 2013 Cabrini College
Friday, January 10, 2014 Virtual Meeting/Temple University through WebEx
Friday, February 21, 2014 Temple University
Friday, March 28, 2014 Rider University
Friday, April 25, 2014 University of Pennsylvania
Friday, May 16, 2014 Drexel University
Best Practices Workshop Schedule:
Friday, September 27, 2013 Saint Joseph’s University – Panel Discussion: The Field of Multiculturalism: Definition and Status
Panel Discussion: Dr. Valerie Dudley, Director, Institutional Diversity, Saint Joseph's University, Moderator. Panelists: Dr. Terry Nance, Assistant Vice President, Multicultural Affairs and Associate Professor, Communications Department, Villanova University; Rhonda Brown, Associate Vice President, Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, Advocacy and Leadership, Temple University; and Dr. Shoshanna Edwards-Alexander, Director of Multicultural Life, Saint Joseph's University. Campion Student Center, the President's Lounge.
Friday, October 25, 2013 Eastern University -- Transgenderism and Diversity
- Eastern University, Eagle Hall, Great Room, First Floor. Address: is 1300 Eagle Road, St. Davids, PA. Parking is free and located directly across from the building. Click here for a map and directions.
- RVSP by clicking here.
- Presenter: Dr. Landi Turner, Associate Professor and Co-Chair of the Psychology Department, Eastern University.
- Landi also holds a position as Adjunct Professor at Widener University’s Graduate Center for Human Sexuality Education where she teaches two doctoral courses offered exclusively at Widener: “Sexuality and Technology”, “Foundations of Sexual Behavior”, and “Clinical Issues in the Transgender Community”. In addition, Landi is a therapist and partner at Central Counseling Associates, seeing individuals, and couples in private practice. At Eastern she is the faculty advisor for Refuge, the student LGBTA support group on campus.
Landi received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Religion from Bates College, and her Masters in Therapy from Hahnemann Medical University, where she specialized in Movement psychotherapy. She earned her PhD from Widener University. At present, Landi is a member of the “American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors, and Therapists” and “The Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality” and speaks regularly at national conferences for both.
Friday, November 22, 2013 LaSalle University – Campus-Wide Diversity Training
- Presenters: Cherylyn Rush, Multicultural Education Coordinator, LaSalle University and Tchet Dorman, Director, Center for Social Justice and Multicultural Education, Temple University.
Friday, December 13, 2013 Cabrini College – Disability and Diversity
- Presenter: Rose Makofske, Director of Equity and Diversity Initiatives, Montgomery County Community College
Friday, January 10, 2014 Virtual Meeting/Sponsored by Temple University - Gender, Sexuality and Sexism on College Campuses
- Presenter: Dr. Carol Moeller, Associate Professor, Philosophy Department, Moravian College
Friday, February 21, 2014 Temple University – Facilitating Intergroup Dialogue for Student and Professional Development
- Presenter: Tchet Dereic Dorman, Director, Center for Social Justice and Multicultural Education, Temple University
Friday, March 28, 2014 Rider University -- Retention and Mentoring
- Presenters: Jackie Irving, Director Multicultural Student Initiatives and W. Wilson Goode Scholars Program, Eastern University; Rubin Joyner, Director, Educational Opportunity Program, Rider University; and Tatiana Diaz, Director, Student Center for Inclusion & Culture, Drexel University.
Friday, April 25, 2014 University of Pennsylvania - Understanding Latino/a, Asian and Native American Student Issues
- Presenters: Representatives from LaCasa Latina, Greenfield Intercultural Center, Pan Asian American Community House, and Makuu.
Friday, May 16, 2014 Drexel University – Campus-wide Diversity Assessments
- Presenters: To be determined
PALOMA GREATER PHILADELPHIA CHAPTER PHOTO GALLERY