The Benefits Department offers voluntary retirement contributions, health insurance, and a selection of voluntary benefits to our regular adjunct faculty members.
Voluntary Retirement Contributions
Adjunct faculty may elect to make voluntary 403(b) contributions on a pre-tax or Roth 403(b) after tax basis. Contributions may be invested at any of the funds offered by either TIAA-CREF or Fidelity Investments. Adjuncts may enroll effective the first of any month and contributions will be deducted from regular pay. For questions, email us at email@example.com.
There are two levels of health care subsidy by the University: 50% or 25% of single coverage depending on the number of semesters/courses taught by a regular adjunct in an academic year. Any regular adjunct can elect family coverage, provided the adjunct pays 100% of the additional charge for such coverage.
Regular adjunct faculty are those who meet the eligibility criteria below:
Eligibility for the 50% subsidy of single coverage:
- Faculty appointed to teach two (2) courses a semester for four (4) consecutive semesters; or
- In the case of clinical or basic science medical faculty working on a calendar year basis, appointed to work twenty (20) hours per week.
Eligibility for the 25% subsidy of single coverage:
- Faculty appointed to teach one (1) course a semester for four (4) consecutive semesters; or
- Faculty appointed to teach one (1) or two (2) courses every fall or spring semester for three (3) consecutive years.
- In the case of clinical or basic science medical faculty working on a calender year basis, appointed to work twelve (12) hours per week.
Eligible regular adjunct faculty may enroll in the medical plan within 31 days of their appointment date. Coverage will be effective the first of the month following enrollment. For questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the links below for more information: