The Benefits Department offers health insurance and a selection of voluntary benefits to our regular adjunct faculty members.
There are two levels of health care subsidy by the University: 50% or 25% of single coverage depending on the number of semesters/courses taught by a regular adjunct in an academic year. Any regular adjunct can elect family coverage, provided the adjunct pays 100% of the additional charge for such coverage.
Regular adjunct faculty are those who meet the eligibility criteria below:
Eligibility for the 50% subsidy of single coverage:
- Faculty appointed to teach two (2) courses a semester for four (4) consecutive semesters; or
- In the case of clinical or basic science medical faculty working on a calendar year basis, appointed to work twenty-four (24) hours per week.
Eligibility for the 25% subsidy of single coverage:
- Faculty appointed to teach one (1) course a semester for four (4) consecutive semesters; or
- Faculty appointed to teach one (1) or two (2) courses every fall or spring semester for three (3) consecutive years.
- In the case of clinical or basic science medical faculty working on a calender year basis, appointed to work twelve (12) hours per week.
Eligible regular adjunct faculty may enroll in the medical plan within 31 days of their appointment date. Coverage will be effective the first of the month following enrollment.
Voluntary benefits available to regular adjunct faculty include discounted auto and home insurance; a discount program for Verizon wireless; access to travel assistance through International SOS; automobile rental discounts; health club discounts and more.
Please click on the links below for more information: