The Management Academy (MA) is a 5 ½ session certificate program created for High Performance - High Potential employees at the T-24 Level and above.
The MA is designed to:
- define professional development, career development, leadership and organizational opportunities
- provide an overview of Temple University, its culture and structure, the University’s strategic initiatives,
and how finances impact institutional planning
- expose participants to more senior level organizational leaders for mentoring and networking opportunities
- identify key administrative and interpersonal skills needed to progress at Temple University
- Full time administrators at the T-24 level or higher
- Nomination must be approved by a Dean, Vice President or Budget Unit Head
- Complete an application and obtain a letter of recommendation
- Have distinguished themselves over time as reflected by their PDP scores (Exceeds Expectations and above)
- Have taken on additional work assignments and responsibility and excelled
- Have been recognized as individuals who could be developed for higher level management and leadership positions
2014-15 Session Dates and Proposed Topics
|11/12/14||TU & You: Opportunities, Realities, Challenges and Rewards|
|01/14/15||Understanding Self and Others|
|02/11/15||Communicating With Finesse-Horizontally, Vertically and Diagonally|
|03/11/15||Success Tools and Topics: Team Presentations|
|04/15/15||Planning Your Future Leadership Success (1/2 day)|
Attendance at all sessions is required.
Program Cost: $450.00 paid by the participants’ schools, colleges or departments
Please note: Due to the overwhelming response from last year’s program, 12 people have been “grandfathered” into this year’s program. Only 32 applicants will be accepted into this year’s program.
Please submit both forms electronically via email to:
Kimberly Sakil, Training Coordinator, HR Learning and Development
Management Academy Application Deadline: October 3, 2014.
Selected participants will be notified by October 17, 2014.
For additional information about Management Academy 7,
please contact Eric Brunner @ 7-2215 or firstname.lastname@example.org.