Voluntary Retirement Contributions

All employees paid by the University may elect to make voluntary 403(b) retirement contributions on a pre-tax or Roth 403(b) after tax basis.  Contributions may be invested in funds offered by TIAA or Fidelity Investments.  Employees may enroll or change the amount of voluntary contributions at any time during the year.  The change will be effective the first of the following month.

Employees may elect a specific dollar amount to contribute on a per pay period basis, or they may elect to contribute the maximum permitted under federal regulations.  The maximum amount an employee may contribute in any calendar year is limited by IRS regulations (please refer to 2018 IRS Calendar Year Limits).

Employees electing the maximum need to be aware that the maximum amount you can contribute applies to Temple University plans and ALL OTHER tax sheltered plans in which you may have contributed.  The federal maximum applies to a calendar year and there are IRS penalties if you contribute too much.

If you already have accounts set up at TIAA and/or Fidelity, then you only need to complete a Salary Reduction Form.  If you are enrolling for the first time, then you need to complete the Salary Reduction Form AND a TIAA and/or Fidelity application. Instructions are below for completing the TIAA and/or Fidelity application.

Voluntary Salary Reduction Form
Instructions for TIAA and/or Fidelity Application

Employees eligible for a base retirement plan can enroll within 31 days of eligibility or during open enrollment, every June and December.

BUE and Police Officers/Security (Local 511) employees already enrolled in the plan may change the level of matching contributions effective the first of a following month.

Form for BUE Employees
Form for Police and Security Officer Employees (Local 511)
updated: 12/21/2016
About Us | Site Map | Contact Us | © Temple University