SFW Training Academies:
Offering the Instructor's Academy and Learning Coach Training (below)
Announcing: Credential for Strengths-based Family Worke
rs new Instructor’s Academy
Location: Temple University Harrisburg, 234 Strawberry Square, Harrisburg, PA 17101
Dates: August 5-8, 2014
Times: Tuesday August 5 - 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
Wednesday August 6 through Friday August 8 - 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Cost: $850 registration fee. Travel expenses and lodging are the responsibility of the participant. Lunch will be provided all four days. Breakfast will be provided Wednesday through Friday. Additional meals are the responsibility of the participant.
Instructor Candidate Requirements:
· Be supported by a Lead Agency or Approved Provider and be committed to implementing the SFW course to an interagency group of workers in a local community.
· Understand and be committed to the strengths-based, family development, empowerment model.
· Possess a background which includes training and/or adult education skills and experience including ability to facilitate group process.
· Possess a four year college degree. (Exceptions to this policy are that Instructors without a 4 year degree will be certified as Assistant Instructors. Assistant Instructors must co-facilitate the curriculum with a Certified Instructor.)
· Attend all scheduled days and sessions of the SFW Instructor's Academy
· Instructors agree to attend a Learning Coach training following the Instructor’s Academy and prior to course implementation.
· Following the Instructor’s Academy, trained individuals will submit a letter of commitment, agreeing to uphold SFW Policies and Procedures that will lead to fidelity in application of the SFW.
To complete an application for the SFW Instructors Academy or learn more go to:
SFW Learning Coach Training
Learning Coaches are integral to the SFW Credential for Strengths-based Family Worker training. Specific training for this role is required.
To register for Learning Coach training or to learn more about requirements go to:
You may also contact Amy Wolfberg for more information:
717-231-3677 or email@example.com