Copy of the InstructorCommitment to SFW Policies and Procedures
In my local community, I agree to:
· Work to create, or participate in, a local interagency SFWAdvisory Group representing organization that work with families across thelife-span and who will be interested in SFW training for their workers. This Advisory Group may be free-standing, ormay be a part of an existing coalition, and will involve the Community ActionProgram(s) in my area when possible.
· Plan to begin, with my local partners, a training programwithin 18 months from the end of the institute.
· Recruit, or assist in recruitment of, Learning Coach to be apart of an Implementation Team
for my community.
· Recruit or assist in recruiting participants from a widerange of human service providers to ensure that there is a mix of participantsin any training program representing the community at large.
To prepare for classroom training, I agree:
· Work with co-Instructor to identify material that I will deliver.
· Use training materials that have been approved by Temple University Family Development Program.
· Report intention to use any additional training material to Temple University Family Development Program before including it in the training.
· Acknowledge the time that planning and preparation will takefor the delivery of the classroom training
· Program and all the support services needed.
· Agree to devote this time to the training program
To present classroom training, I agree:
· Work with the Implementation Team to arrange for portfolio support to be a part of the local training program and participate in discussions with Learning Coach and participants to assure high quality portfolio development.
· Verify that a Notice to Start Training form and training support fee has been submitted to the State Lead Agency at least 30 days prior to the projected start of the local training session.
· Compile an Initial Participant list and assure that Local Affiliate sends this to the State Lead Agency within 30 days after the training program has begun.
· Attend Implementation Team meetings to
o allow for discussions related to portfolio development
o actual review of portfolio work throughout the trainingsessions
o address any issues of incomplete work, excessive absence fromclass or portfolio support sessions or other barriers facing participants.
o provide for the ongoing professional development ofInstructors.
· Track SFW participants’ attendance and implement the SFWAttendance Policy by maintaining class records throughout the duration of theclass.
· Provide the required data to the local lead agency orappropriate State or Regional Lead Agency as appropriate to my community.
· Periodically assess content knowledge with quizzes oron-line assessment tools
At the endof the training program, I will:
· Distribute confidential standardized feedback forms toprogram participants on the last day of the training program and submit theseforms to local lead agency appropriate State or Regional Lead Agency asappropriate in my community.
· Assist in the review of portfolios for completion, and assurethe Application for SFW is completed and signed by participant, Learning Coachand instructor (myself and/or my co-instructor).
· Copy (or assist) and send copies of the completed portfoliosto the State Lead Agency with the credential fees for each participant.