A Division of Support Services
Phone Number: (215) 204-1303
Our mission is to maintain a clean, safe and aesthetically pleasing external environment on the Main and Ambler Campuses.
Hours of Operation: 6:00 a.m. - 1:30 a.m., Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday Phone Number: (215) 204-1303
On Main Campus we care for: 850,000 square feet of walkways, malls and loading areas, 3 miles of curbs, and almost 1,600 trees and 16,000 shrubs. We have numerous gardens, two of which were designed by the noted landscape architect, George E. Patton: Johnny Ring Garden at Mitten Hall and Founders Garden next to Sullivan Hall (the final resting place for founder Russell Conwell).
Some of our services include:
- Daily removal of trash and debris from our sidewalks, lawns, malls and service areas (7 days/week on main campus )
- Daily street and sidewalk cleaning (including public streets adjacent to campuses)
- Athletic field maintenance and event support
- Storm drainage inlet and area way drain cleaning
- Landscape services including tree, flowers and shrub planting, renovating lawns and landscaped areas, design and installation of new gardens and planting areas, tree maintenance and hedge trimming
- Ornamental landscape service for special events like convocations, commencement, etc.
- Snow - We are responsible for the University's snow removal program. Grounds staff and employees from Housekeeping, Service Operations, and Trade (HSC) departments, with support from contractors, engage in a coordinated effort to remove snow and ice from our campuses. We engage over 100 pieces of snow removal equipment ranging from snow throwers and salt spreaders to front end loaders. We also subscribe to year round custom weather forecasting for our Philadelphia and Suburban campuses through Accu weather.
- We recycle much of our landscape debris, either on or off campus.