The Office of Facilities Management is divided into the following operating areas:
- Office of the Fire Marshal - Corporate fire safety, asbestos and lead paint management and elevator maintenance
- Planning and Design - Corporate physical planning and design services
- Support Service Departments -Housekeeping, Service Operations, Grounds, Transportation and Postal Operations
- Engineering and Construction - Maintenance, Engineers, HVAC, Construction Management, Utility generation and distribution
- Energy and Utilities Management - Corporate energy procurement, monitoring, management, electric generation and central utility overview
These departments are involved in every phase of the capital project process, beginning with conceptual planning through ribbon-cutting. Over $1 billion in renovation and construction projects have been completed since 1991.