| || |
Currently Available WebFOCUS Reports
Last Updated: 11/31/2007
WebFOCUS reports are intended to allow users to customize reports by selecting parameters from a Web form. The degree of customization that is supported is balanced against the complexity of the report since the reports are intended for even the uninitiated and are also intended to provide a wide variety of data.
All WebFOCUS reports allow data to be extracted directly to the desktop browser, or directly to Excel or Word software. Some reports also permit the creation of mailing labels at the user desktop.
Since WebFOCUS reports are pre-designed to access specific data files, each report can access only a limited set of fields. A data dictionary is supplied along with 'help' documents to assist the user who wants to use restriction statements. Links to these materials are at the top and bottom of the report selection Web page. Most reports access databases that have been refreshed in the previous evening's process cycle. Some reports access live data and these usually take longer to generate results.
Access to specific reports is controlled by limiting access to the data files that support the report library. If you try to run a report and get an error message, it may be because you do not have access to the report's underlying data files.
All reports allow the user to enter simple or complex selection criteria to restrict the report to specific groups of student, course, or credit hour data. The descriptions that follow are brief and do not specify all of the possibilities that are available in each report.
The following are examples of currently available reports:
Undergraduate Recruitment Reports
- Undergraduate Student Recruitment Report - This report accepts a user-selected date range and provides a fixed set of information about students who have expressed an interest in a specified college within that date range. Information includes address and contact data, test scores, high school data, etc.
- Undergraduate Student Recruitment Listing - This report is more flexible than the above in that the user can select the fields to be retrieved from the Recruitment file. The report also includes the option to create mailing labels directly on the user's desktop.
Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions Reports
- Comparative Admissions Reports - This report shows the number of applications, admissions, and registrations on a specified date for the current semester as compared to a similar date in the previous year. The report can be broken down by campus, SAT test score categories, college, curriculum, etc. There is one report for Undergraduate and a separate report for Graduate admissions.
- Admission Yield Rates - These reports, one for Undergraduate and the other for Graduate, show the current yield rates (admitted/applications, registered/admitted, etc.) compared with the same period in the previous year. The report can optionally generate the percentages or just the raw numbers.
- Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions Applicant List - With this report, the user can select the fields to be retrieved from the admissions file. The user can choose from hundreds of fields from the admissions file although a only a small subset are displayed for selection on the report form. Mailing label output is supported with this report.
- Admitted Undergraduates with a Paid or Waived Deposit - The reception of the deposit starts a lot of on-campus processes such as scheduling the student for orientation. This report supports the identification of Undergraduate applicants that have been admitted and have paid or waived the deposit.
- Undergraduate Orientation/Transfer Advising Listing - This report identifies new Undergraduate students who have been scheduled for an orientation session or, in the case of transfer students, have a meeting scheduled with an advisor. The report simply lists the students with their orientation or advising date.
- Orientation/Testing Summary Report and List - This report provides a summary by date of the number of new Undergraduate admits who are scheduled for orientation and testing. Clicking on the number triggers another report that shows a list of the students that make up that number.
- Application Fees Audit Report - This report, requested by the auditors, allows for the identification of students who have been admitted within a user selected date range. The report can include all applicants, only those who paid/waived the fee, or only those who have not paid/waived the fee.
Registration and Enrollment Reports
- Current Student Enrollment Report - This report shows the number of students registered in the current fall, spring, or summer semesters as of the date that the report is run. The counts can be broken down into a number of categories such as sex, race/ethnicity, curriculum, PA residency, class code, etc.
- Comparative Student Enrollment Reports - These reports show the current enrollment figures compared with counts from various official reporting periods (beginning, drop/add, mid, and end) of the previous year. Another option shows the counts at the official reporting periods of a semester for the last 5 years. The report counts can be broken down by various student characteristics.
- Registered Student Address Report - This report generates student addresses either in a list or as mailing labels. The priority order that determines which address types are included can be selected by the user. For example, the user can specify that the 'local' address should be chosen and, if it doesn't exist, then the 'permanent' address, and then the 'mailing' address, etc. until a non-blank address is found. Changing this priority order is recommended during periods when classes are not being held and the students may be not be residing on campus.
- Registered Student Listing - This report generates a list of currently registered students. There are many fields that can be chosen for inclusion in the report including address, curriculum, credits, etc. This is an all-purpose list that can be extensively customized.
- List of Students Eligible for Cancellation (aka Washout) - The user enters the date of the next scheduled cancellation processing and the report lists the currently registered students who have not paid their tuition or have not been confirmed and are eligible to have their registrations cancelled. After the cancellation process has occurred, another report lists the students who were included in the cancellation.
- Eligible Students Who Have Not Registered - This report gives a summary (or optional listing) of the number of students who are eligible to return but have not yet registered. A student is not eligible if they have graduated or have a hold that prevents their registration. The summary report shows the number of students registered in the previous semester, the number eligible to register in the current semester, the number with 'holds', the number with low GPA's, etc.
- Mid-Term Ratings Listing - This report displays students who are registered in courses that require mid-term ratings. The report shows the ratings for each registration. It can also show the number of registrations which have no ratings yet recorded, students with 4 or more withdrawals, or only those students with one or more unsatisfactory rating.
- Student Graduation Report - Based on a graduation year and month, the report draws together the most recent data pertinent to reviewing students for graduation. The 'anticipated graduation date' is used to identify possible graduations. 'Holds' that prevent graduation can be included in the listing.
- Student Event Report - Student 'events' can be listed based on the effective semester. There are hundreds of event codes that are used for a wide variety of purposes.
- Dean's List Report/Semester GPA Report - The purpose of this report is to allow the user to identify students that have earned a specified Semester GPA or who have earned a place on the Dean's list. The report has many options including the generation of mailing labels.
- Undergraduate Probation/Scholastic Problem Report - This report is intended to support the academic review of Undergraduate students who have a semester or cumulative GPA less than the limits selected by the user. The report can be restricted to only those students below a specified GPA who are on probation, only those who have been dismissed, or only those who have neither been dismissed or are on probation but have a cumulative or semester GPA below a user selected level.
- Student Holds Report - The report lists students who have specific holds or have any hold in a specific class of holds (ex. holds the prevent registration, or holds that prevent graduation, etc.).
Course Scheduling and Monitoring Reports
- Section Summary Reports - The Section Summary Report shows the number of sections by status (rolled, open, closed, etc) and by percentage of seats filled for a given semester. The Section Status Report shows more detail and lists data for each section including the number of available seats. The report is color coded to identify sections that are approaching or have exceeded capacity.
- Class Utilization/Student Contact Report - The report, similar to the Section Status Report shows the utilization of each section and is color coded to show sections approaching capacity. Clicking on a specific course will generate a listing of the students in that section along with their address and contact information.
- Registrations, Seats Authorized, and Classroom Capacity Review - This report shows the sections/courses for a given semester sorted by campus, college, and department. The report shows the number of registrations, number of authorized seats, and the seating capacity from the ECA system. Courses that have 80 to 89% of the authorized seats filled are shaded in yellow; 90 to 99% filled are shaded orange; 100% or greater are shaded in red.
- Closed Course Summary - The report is intended to show those courses that have been filled to capacity. The list can be restricted to courses in three categories: those that are beyond their capacity, only 90% filled or more, or only 80% filled or more. The data can be organized into an Excel spreadsheet with separate tabs for each department or college.
- SIMS Listing - This report accesses the data in the Scheduling Information and Management System and permits the listing of sections in various states of review (rolled, open, proposed, approved, etc.).
- Class List - The report shows a list of students registered for a specific section or each of the sections taught by a specified instructor. Various section and student data can be selected for display.
- Detailed Section Listings - The reports are designed to provide a great deal of data for sections including location, schedule, instructor data, etc. The report can be run against extracted data that is refreshed every night and takes very little time to process or against live data that is current but that takes much longer to process (approximately 5 minutes).
- Space Enrollment Report - This report is intended to replace the once popular report generated by the Office of Academic Records. It shows various statistics reflecting the changing capacity of courses.
- Course and Section Comments - The report lists course/sections that have user specified text in the comments fields.
- Course Catalog Detail Report - The report lists course information from the current catalog. Various restrictions can be applied to filter out courses based on course level or first/last effective semester.
- Course Renumbering Crosswalk - The report is intended to assist with the course renumbering project and shows the current and old number for courses in a specified department or college.
Space Planning and Monitoring Reports
- Room Scheduling and Planning - This report shows the percentage of half-hour time blocks that are utilized in each room. ECA data are displayed for each room. Clicking on a room displays a more detailed table that indicates, for each half hour block of time, whether or not the room is utilized in that block. Further clicking on a block of time will display the detail of the courses that are taking place in that block of time. All users have access to all data.
- Room/Meeting Listing - The report is intended to be used to review the assignment of section meetings to rooms to insure that the room is appropriate in size, resources, etc.
- Main Campus Matrix Utilization Report - Based on data collected at mid-semester, the report compares the current year versus the previous year in the utilization of rooms, on and off the official scheduling matrix. Any two semesters, back to 2000, can be compared. Restrictions can be based on college, building, and day/evening start time.
- ECA Room/Building Extract - This report extracts data from the ECA file which contains basic information about room characteristics throughout the University. The report includes square footage, number of seats, type of room use, contact, etc.
- Main Campus Classroom Utilization Rate Report - This report shows the number of half hour time blocks that are utilized in each room. The utilization rates are displayed separately for both day and evening hours. By clicking on a room number in the report, an ancilliary display graphically shows the specific half hour segments that are scheduled and those that are not.
- ECA Exceptions Report - Budget Units are permitted to apply to the Office of Scheduling and Space Management for exceptions to the scheduling matrix. Those exceptions are displayed in this report.
Other Reports Based on ISIS Data
- Credit Hour and Revenue Generation Report - This report uses historical data to show a comparison of the credit hours or the tuition revenue generated over a 5 year period for a specified semester. The report can be broken down by course or student characteristics. Tuition revenue for each student is broken down by credit hour and can also be reported by course or student characteristics. For example, the report can show the number of credit hours that are generated by students in other colleges outside that of the report user.
- Degrees Awarded Summary - The report shows a multi-year summary of the number of degrees awarded. The report uses an extract that is frozen in July and includes the full fiscal year. As a result, the few late awards that are posted after the extraction are not included. However, these are the official numbers that are reported to governmental agencies.
- Grade Distribution Summary - The report shows a summary of grades awarded in each section and shows the counts of grades, percentages, and average grade. Also, a 'difference' score is calculated to show the difference between the student's GPA and the grade that they earned. Summary statistics are available on these 'difference' scores, also. The report can be also be used to review sections that have a high number of administrative grades (NG, I, etc.).
ISIS Administration Reports
- ISIS Student Coding Inconsistencies - This is an administrative report that shows students with inconsistent data such as nonmatriculated students with a degree code, or students with a curriculum code that is not consistent with their college.
- Instructor Listing - This report lists instructors and the sections/courses that they have been assigned. Unlike other reports, all the courses that are associated with the instructor will be displayed, and is not limited to instructors in the primary position. The report will also show sections that have no instructor.
- Missing Instructor Listing - This report is designed to identify sections that have no instructor. The report allows for finer levels of restrictions than in the above report.
- Missing Course Data - This report is designed to identify sections that have no time, location, or instructor posted. It is imperative that these data be complete by the end of the second week of classes. Mid-term grading and CATE forms, as well as other processing, are dependent on this information.
- Missing Grades Listing - This report is designed to identify sections and students for which no grades have been submitted. The report can also be used to identify students with administrative grades.
- HRS/ISIS Faculty Query System - Since faculty cannot be assigned to an ISIS section until they are entered into HRS, this report is intended to show whether or not the instructor has been processed into the system. Enter a TUID or partial name and the report will show basic HR data, if it exists, on the instructor. The report can also be used to find the TUID of any employee.
- Employee EMail Lookup - Enter a last name and the report will list all employees with that last name and display their email address, department, and phone number. Clicking on a name in the report will start your email program and display a blank email message addressed to the selected individual.
- Cost Center Summary - This report mimics the monthly cost center report in that it shows the summary of account activity up to and including the specified month. The report includes all transactions that have been entered into the system up to the current date if the current month is selected. Alternatively, if a completed month is selected, the report includes only those transactions that have dates that are less than the last day of the month.
- Cost Center Summary for Grants and Contracts - This report is similar to the Cost Center Summary but shows data specifically for grants and contracts.
- Cost Center Detail - This report generates a list of detailed transactions that go into the Cost Center Summary Report. The report includes all transactions that have been entered into the system up to the current date if the current month is selected. If a completed month is selected, the report includes only those transactions that have dates that are less than the last day of the selected month.
- Cost Center Summary for a Given Month - This report is the same as the summary report but shows data only for a user specified month. If the current month is selected, all transactions posted up to the current date are included.
- Summary of Account Activity by Quarter - This report generates a summary of the total value of transactions that have occurred over the last four fiscal years broken down by account and quarter. All transactions entered into the system by the preceding Friday are included in the current year figures. The report shows quarterly comparisons, a comparison at mid-year, and a comparison at the end of the year.
- Grant Award Transaction Listing - This report will list the financial transactions that have been posted against a grant account. Transactions are not limited to fiscal years as is the Cost Center Report so inception-to-date reports are supported.