Chemical Redistribution Program
The Temple University -Environmental Health and Radiation Safety (EHRS) operates a chemical redistribution program as part of its university-wide waste minimization effort. EHRS stores surplus chemicals received in good condition and offers them free of charge to the university community. The benefit of the chemical redistribution program is that it reduces the amount of chemical waste disposed as well as assist individuals in reducing cost associated with purchasing chemicals.
How does the program work?
- Review the chemical redistribution list. The list is periodically updated.
- E-mail your chemical request to email@example.com. Include the following information in your e-mail.
- Your name and phone number
- EHRS track number
- Chemical Name
- Building and room number where you want the chemical(s) delivered
- EHRS will fill order request on a first-come, first-serve basis and will deliver the chemical to your laboratory free of charge.
If you would like to donate a chemical to the chemical redistribution program, list each unused chemical on a Chemical Waste Pickup Form , identify it as being surplus or for redistribution, and submit the form to EHRS. An EHRS representative will come and pick up the chemical.
Chemicals that are candidates for redistribution must meet the following criteria:
- Original sealed container
- Original legible label
- No visible degradation of material
Phone: 2-2520 or 215-707-2520 (off campus)