Need to know what course(s) you have to take? Click here.
Classroom training sessions will be held in the Pharmacy/Allied Health Building, 3307 N. Broad Street, room B-49. (Once you enter the building, you will need to take the elevator down to the basement, bear to the right, and go through the double doors. Then proceed down the corridor and room B-49 is on the last door on the right.)
Initial Safety Training, CEMS, and Shipping of Dangerous Goods Training (Classroom training)
- December 2013: Monday, December 16
- January 2014: Tuesday, January 7 (CEMS and Shipping ONLY), Tuesday, January 14 (Initial Safety Training ONLY) OR Monday, January 20 (Initial Safety Training, CEMS, and Shipping)
- Location: Pharmacy-Allied Health Building B-49 (3307 N. Broad Street, HSC)
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED for all classroom training sessions. Seating is limited -- if you do not register in advance you will not be admitted to the classroom. See the below Class Schedules to see who to register with.
If you are a visitor or volunteer please contact Kisha Grady prior to registering for any training sessions.
Please be on time – attendees who arrive later than fifteen minutes will be required to take the course at a later date.
- 9 am - 11 am - Initial Safety Training
- Who needs to attend: Anyone who works with hazardous materials (chemical, biological, and/or radioactive) and has not already taken Initial Safety Training.
- Please contact Ms. Kisha Grady, Training Coordinator, at email@example.com to register to attend the next session.
- 11 am - 12 pm - CEMS training
- Who needs to attend: New chemical storage areas that do not have a chemical inventory in CEMS (Temple's online chemical inventory database) OR any other Temple employee who has been assigned chemical inventory management role by their Principal Investigator, Director, etc.
- Please contact Mr. Ryan Kohler, Compliance Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org to register to attend the next session.
- 1 pm to 3 pm - Shipping of Dangerous Goods Training
- Who needs to attend: Anyone who will be responsible for shipping hazardous materials through any means and has not already received Shipping of Dangerous Goods Training through Temple EHRS.
- Please contact Ms. Joan DeVastey, Senior Industrial Hygienist, at email@example.com to register to attend the next session.
Radiation Safety Training
Radiation Safety 6 hour Initial Training
- 2014 Dates to Be Announced
Radiation Safety Annual Refresher Training
- 2014 Dates to Be Announced
- *NEED ONLY ATTEND ONE SESSION ON THIS DATE TO BE IN COMPLIANCE.*
- This class is also available online. Please see above section called "Courses Available Online" for more information.
Please contact Kisha Grady, EHRS Training Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to register.
PRE-REGISTRATION is REQUIRED for all classroom training sessions. Please be on time – attendees who arrive later than fifteen minutes will be required to take the course at a later date.
Required Training for Radiation Producing Equipment Users
(Scheduled individually through departments)
- X-ray Users
- Analytical Equipment Users
- Irradiator Users
Biological Safety Training
Shipping of Dangerous Goods Initial Training
The Hazardous Materials Act and the Department of Transportation mandate specific training that must be provided to individuals who ship or receive dangerous goods, hazardous materials, or diagnostic specimens (“dangerous goods”). Temple University policy and procedure outlining the process for complying with the law is available here.
Regulations mandate that only trained individuals can prepare or offer packages that are classified as dangerous or hazardousfor shipment. Departments that either ship or receive dangerous goods must have at least one individual who has completed the mandatory training.
For more information or to register, please contact Joan deVastey at 215-707-0106 (2-0106 on Temple phones).
Shipping of Dangerous Goods Refresher Training
Refresher courses now available online:
- General Information
- Infectious Substances
Courses Available Online
These courses can easily be accessed through the "Blackboard" function of TUPortal. Once in Blackboard, use the "Course Catalog" function to search for "EHRS" (use this exact search term). You will get a list of classes that you can enroll in and complete training for. NOTE: Make sure to click the "Enroll" button -- NOT the course name. For complete instructions read here.
These are the classes available online at this time:
- Analytical X-ray Users Training
- Annual Bloodborne Pathogens Training
- Annual Bloodborne Pathogens Training for Athletic Trainers
- Annual Bloodborne Pathogens Training for Kinesiology BIP Instructors
- Annual Chemical Waster Training (including DOT Security of Hazardous Materials)
- Annual Laser Safety Training
- Annual Radiation Safety Training (formerly General Annual Radiation Safety Course)
- Biohazard Waste
- First Responder Awareness Level Refresher Training
- Formaldehyde Safety Training
- Initial Safety Training (formerly New Employee Safety Orientation)
- Initial Safety Training for Dentistry
- MRI Safety
- MRI Safety Training for Non-MRI Staff
- NIH Guidelines Safety Training
- Radiology Course 727
- Select Biological Agents Training
- Shipping of Dangerous Goods Refresher: General Info and Chemical Shipping
- Shipping of Infectious Substance Refresher
- Tyler School of Art General Safety Training
- X-ray Training for Bone Densitometry Users
- X-ray Training for Computer Tomography Users
- X-ray Training for Dentistry Users
- X-ray Training for Fluoroscopy Training
- X-ray Training for Fluoroscopy Training for Non-Clinical Personnel
- X-ray Training for Mammography Users
- X-ray Training for Radiography Users
- TUP Annual Refresher Training (coming soon!)
Contact the Environmental Health & Radiation Safety Training Coordinator
Kisha Grady is Environmental Health & Radiation Safety Training Coordinator. Please contact her at 2-7697 or by e-mail with any training program questions.