Graduation Process for Master’s Students in Urban Education
- Students should review the College of Education Graduation Web site for updated procedures regarding graduation. These steps should be used as guidelines gathered from previous semesters, to place students in the right direction.
- Be on the lookout for e-mails from the College of Education about May graduation
- Apply online for May graduation using Self-Service Banner in TUPortal. For details, visit the Office of the University Registrar.
- Familiarize yourself with the formatting policies of the Graduate School and your field (typically APA). See the Graduate School Policies 02.26.11: Master's Thesis and the Disseration and Thesis Handbook.
- RSVP for the Temple and/or College of Education graduation ceremony and arrange for tickets.
- Remind your advisor to approve your graduation (electronically)
- Order your cap, gown, hood, & tassel from the Temple Bookstore or visit in person
- Thesis: Submit your paper for review to the Graduate School. If you have questions, refer to the Dissertation and Thesis Handbook or contact the Graduate School at 215-204-1380
- Submit final project or thesis to your committee for grading and then to the Graduate School via the UMI ETD Administrator (online).
- Celebrate your graduation. Congratulations!
Important People to Contact
- Ms. Marcia Whitaker, Office Manager (POLS Department)
Contact: email@example.com; Ritter Hall 248; (215) 204-8063
Helpful with: Policies and procedures, paperwork, pointing you in the right direction
- Dr. Joseph DuCette, Sr. Assoc. Dean & Director for Graduate Academic and Student Affairs
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Ritter Annex 287
Helpful with: Clarification about graduation process
- Ms. Doreen Conway, Assistant Director for Graudate Academic and Student Affairs
Contact: email@example.com; Ritter Annex 159; (215) 204-5631
Helpful with: Application for Graduation (Master’s); Registration Matters
- Ms. Marge Pippet, Assistant Dean, Graduate School
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; 5th Floor Conwell Hall; (215) 204-1383
Helpful with: Thesis formatting, Petitions, Policy Compliance
- Ms. Christa Viola, Coordinator of Graduate Student Services, Graduate School
Contact: email@example.com; 5th Floor Conwell Hall; (215) 204-6924
Helpful with: Thesis formatting