ESL Certificate - Summer Program @ Temple
[Program Specialist: ESL Certificate]
Now busy teachers can earn the PDE add-on certification of Program Specialist: ESL Certificate by taking six-week courses over two summers! Classes for all courses will meet online via Blackboard Collaborate (formerly Wimba)..
- TESOL 8631: Foundations of Language Teaching will be offered from May 20-July 3, 2013. Classes will meet Monday and Wednesday evenings, 4:40-7:40 p.m.
- TESOL 8621: Contexts for Teaching and Learning Languages will be offered from July 8-August 17, 2013. Classes will meet Monday and Wednesday evenings, 4:40-7:40 p.m.
- TESOL 8613: Understanding ELLs’ Language and Literacy Development will be offered from July 8-August 17, 2013. Classes will meet Tuesday and Thursday evenings, 4:40-7:40 p.m.
- TESOL 8631: Foundations of Language Teaching and TESOL 8616: Curriculum and Assessment in TESOL will be offered during the summer of 2014.
For more information about the program, visit Temple's ESL Certificate Program
For detailed course descriptions, see the Graduate School Bulletin/Course Listings.
Applicants should submit:
- A completed ESL application form [PDF]*.
- A copy of a Pennsylvania level I or level II teaching certificate or evidence that the candidate is enrolled in a certification program.
- Two letters of recommendation, one from a professor and one from a professional supervisor.
For more information, please contact
ESL Certificate Program Coordinator:
Jill Swavely Ed.D., Associate Professor of TESOL
phone: (215) 204-6120
*PDF documents require Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF viewer.