Vocational Instructional Certificate
The Temple University Center for Professional Development in Career and Technical Education provides vocational teacher certification services to Career and Technical Education (CTE) teachers in eastern Pennsylvania. All CTE teachers must obtain a state-issued vocational teaching certificate.
To be eligible for the Temple Center certification program, a candidate must
- Hold a high school diploma or equivalent
- Hold a US citizenship or intend to become a citizen
- Pass required background checks
- Have recent and relevant wage-earning experience
- Attend an Information Session
- Take the Occupational Competency Assessment (OCA)
- Attend a one-week Temple Center New Teacher Workshop in August or January
Program and certification requirements are subject to change.
Applying for Vocational Instructional Certification
As of Spring 2012, the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) is requiring that all applications for credentials be completed and submitted online via the Teacher Information Management System (TIMS): PA-TIMS.com. Paper applications are no longer being accepted and can no longer be submitted directly to Temple University for processing.
- Please visit the TIMS User Guide for Temple Students for detailed information on how to apply using TIMS.
- See also: Pennsylvania Department of Education (click on "Certification" on the left-side menu)