Step 2: Education Information (Temple University)
Click "Add New" to enter your education information.
Note: you do not need to enter every institution you have attended. Only enter institutions from which you have received a degree (undergraduate/graduate) and/or from which you are requesting verification for completing your Education Preparation Program in order to receive your Teacher Certification (e.g. Temple University). Be sure to include the institution from which you received your Bachelor’s degree.
To designate Temple University as your Education Preparation Program, follow these steps:
- Use the search (“Click here to search”) to find Temple University / Main Campus
- Select the correct Certification Officer
- Career & Technical Ed, except for Business Ed, should select Nancy Johnston
- All others, including Business Ed, should select Jackie Booker
- Enter your degree received from Temple University (Bachelor’s, Master’s or Post-Bach).
- Enter your subject area. If your area is not identified/available, pick a subject area closest to your area.
- Enter your Educator Prep Program from the available search options.
Note: even if you completed your program as a post-bach or master’s student, you may need select “undergraduate” as the Program Level in order to see your program listed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: if you are unsure which subject area or prep program you need to indicate, please contact the Certification Officer at 215-204-8068. If you select the incorrect program or certification, your application will be delayed or denied.
- Progam Level Type = “Traditional”
- If you are applying to two areas of certification (e.g. Elementary and Special Education), please make sure both are chosen.
- Make sure you enter your final GPA (from your Temple transcript; Do NOT guess or estimate.)
- Answer YES to both statements beginning with “I authorize the listed institution to view my current application.” Failure to follow these steps will prevent Temple University from approving your application. IMPORTANT: if you answer NO to these questions, Temple University will be unable to provide verification of your program completion to PDE.