Dissertation & Thesis Handbook
The Handbook – E-Dissertation Initiative
- Doctoral dissertation submissions evolved from paper to electronic submission of a PDF with the August 2008 graduation cycle.
- Master's thesis submissions followed suit with the May 2010 graduation cycle, making submission of all dissertations and theses mandatory through Temple University's ETD Administrator site.
- Beginning with the January 2012 graduation cycle, the diploma and publishing fees were eliminated.
- Bookmark Temple University's ETD Administrator site, which is found at http://www.etdadmin.com/temple/.
- Create an account and familiarize yourself with the resources available on the site.
- The processing fee for doctoral dissertations and master's theses is currently $50 and must be paid to the Bursar for posting to FOAPAL 100000 24800 4981 04. It is recommended that doctoral and master's students take the Dissertation/Thesis Processing Fee form to the Bursar's Office when paying the fee.
- If you choose to file for copyright through ProQuest, the fee is currently $55, whether doctoral or master's. It is payable online through the ETD system.
Once the Graduate School has approved a dissertation or thesis submitted through the ETD system, REVISIONS of any kind are NOT PERMITTED.
- Retain a copy of the final version of your dissertation/thesis, including signature page and permissions. ProQuest checks every page and frequently finds some pages missing or areas of potential copyright infringement.