E-Commerce Site Evaluation
Your virtual lab assignment is to write a review of an E-Commerce Site. Attempt to purchase a product as part of your evaluation. Your review should minimally include the following elements:
- A description of the site and provide the URL
- Evaluate the domain name
- Is the site well designed?
- Is the site well organized?
- Do all the links work? o Is the information current?
- Is it reaching its target audience?
- Was the site comprehensive?
- Was the site easy to navigate? Describe the navigation process.
- How simple or complex did you find the process for purchasing items? Were there too many “clicks” required to purchase an item.
- Would you return to this site?
- Would you feel safe purchasing from the site – is there a statement on security? Privacy?
- What other symbols appear on the site which indicates authenticity and reliability?
- What methods of payment are options at the site
- How does this site compare to the competition (other on-line companies in the same business). Do a search to locate other companies and compare the sites. Specifically identify on-line companies you used in your comparison). Has the site differentiated itself from competition?
- Is there a phone number for customer service? What is the return policy? Is there also a physical presence you can return items to?
- What were the best features of the site?
- In what way could the site be improved?
This is a review – do not simply provide yes or no answers. Your review must be 2 pages in length, 12 pt font. If you decide to include graphics you must adjust the length appropriately.
Your grade will reflect the “thoroughness” of your review. You may pick any e-commerce site. Your instructor will provide additional details on submitting this assignment.