Help file to start and post to blogger.com
During the semester you will need to create and use the web site blogger.com to maintain an external blog accessible by anyone with an Internet connection. While the process is not difficult, there are a couple of hurdles to overcome - this small help file should get you up and running in no time.
- Visit http://www.blogger.com/signup.g to sign up for your free blog. If you do not have a gmail account, proceed to step number 2. If you do have a gmail account, proceed to step number 3.
- To use the blogger.com web site you will need to first create a free gmail account. Fill in the required form to obtain your gmail account and proceed to step 4.
Note: the next time you visit blogger.com, your username will be the e-mail address you used to sign up in step number 2 and the password will be the password you create in step number 2.
- Because you already have a gmail account, click on the "sign in first" link, sign in, and proceed to step 4.
- Fill in the boxes to create a blog title, the blog address (URL), and then proceed to step 5. Note: you do not have to use the advanced blog setup. Hosting your blog on "blogspot.com" is all that is required.
- Choose your template for the blog. Use the scrollbar to view all of the available templates. Click continue once you choose your template.
- When the message "Your blog has been created" appears, click on the start posting arrow to post your first message.
Your instructor will inform you what should be included in your first message. Once you have completed the first message, publish the post and then view your blog to make sure everything is working.
If your blog posted successfully, send an e-mail to your instructor that includes your name, section number, and URL to your blog web site.
Editing a Post
To edit one of your posts in blogger.com, follow these steps:
- Log into your blog
- Click on the customize option
- Click on posting
- Click on edit posts
- Click on the edit option of the post you want to edit
- Make your changes and click on the publish button to finalize the changes