The Center at Temple University provides professional services to teachers, specialists, administrators, and career and technical education students in local school districts.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive Occupational Competency Assessment (OCA) program
- Provide Pre-Induction, professional education for clients recruited from business and industry who have little or no pedagogical education or experience
- Provide outreach services (vocational intern/instructor/coordinator) and cooperative education certification programs for personnel off-campus through a Field-Based Competency-Based Teacher Education Program (FB/CBTE)
Continuing Technical and Professional Development
- Provide continuing technical and professional development, including Workshops and Seminars and Academies for all personnel involved in career and technical education programming
- Provide an Occupational Experience program
- Provide a Placement system for career and technical education teachers and leadership personnel
- Provide a Recruitment system for career and technical education teachers and leadership personnel
- Provide assistance for career and technical educators who serve Disadvantaged, Disabled, and Handicapped Learners
Research and Development
- Assist schools in the selection, development, and implementation of programs of study (Curriculum Dissemination/Implementation) that include rigorous academics and industry-based career and technical content.
- Provide support for Research in career and technical education