Print on the Go Mobile
Wireless Computer Lab Printing
Print on the Go Mobile enables you to print documents using a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. You can use it from any location that has Internet access, either on- or off-campus. It works with wired, wireless (Wi-Fi), or cellular (3G or 4G) Internet connections.
Submitting a Print Request
To submit a print request, use your TUmail account to create an email message and attach up to three documents. Then send the message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include some text (e.g., "OWLprint") in the Subject Header.
Depending on the complexity of the documents, you should receive an e-mail reply within about 15 minutes, confirming that the jobs are ready to print (sample email). If you do not receive a confirmation after this time, please resubmit your request, taking care to follow all instructions/requirements listed on this page.
You will have six hours to print out your document. If you don't print after six hours, the print job will be automatically deleted from your print queue.
The address email@example.com will print your file double-sided. This is the default printing mode at Temple, used to promote environmental sustainability and conserve your print quota.
To print your document as single-sided (for a final draft, for example), send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Printing the Document
- Go to any Print on the Go print station location. Print on the Go stations are indicated by the following sticker:
- Swipe your OWLcard and as you normally do for printing.
- You'll see the individual documents listed, including one (named "Email:") for any text in the message over 200 characters. As always, only release the jobs you want to print, and please be sure that the price is correct based on page number.
- The Mobile Print system will print any Microsoft Office document, Adobe PDF file, JPG, text, or PNG file. If you try to mail a file in an unsupported format, you will receive a return email telling you that your print job has failed, and listing the allowable file formats.
- There is a Mobile Print limit to 20 documents per person, per day.
- Currently, the new Mobile Print system works with black and white laser printing only.
Temple University Computer and Information Services.
All Rights Reserved. For web related questions, please send e-mail to email@example.com.