Remotely Access Your Office Computer or
Temple's TUapps are a group of programs residing on a central server that are available to Temple University employees. You do not need to have these applications installed on your computer to use them. Instead, you just need to download and install a free client called Citrix Receiver. The particular applications available to you depend on your particular level of access. Examples include R25, Synergy, and FSA Atlas.
You can also use the TUapps website to establish a remote desktop connection to your Windows-based office computer and remotely access your departmental drives (e.g., P: and S: drives).
Note: Certain applications containing sensitive information, such as Internet Native Banner, require additional security measures when being accessed from off-campus. To access these applications, you will need an RSA SoftID or SecurID issued by the Computer Services Security Office. To request an RSA SoftID or SecurID, submit a TUhelp request.
You can access the TUapps from a Windows or Mac computer or iPad.
I. Prepare Your Office Computer
Perform the following steps on your office computer:
Enable Remote Desktop
- Click Start and select Computer.
- Click System Properties.
- Click Remote Settings on the left.
- Click the Remote tab.
- Check the box next to Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop.
Note: Depending on your access privileges, these options may be greyed out, preventing you from enabling Remote Desktop connections on your office computer. In this case, contact the Computer Services Help Desk by submitting a TUhelp request or calling 215-204-8000.
- Click OK.
Disable Sleep Mode
- Click Start/Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Power Options.
- In the left pane of the Select a power plan window, click Change when the computer sleeps.
- Make sure the display is set to turn off at a specified time after not being used.
- Click the arrow button next to Put the computer to sleep, and select Never.
- Click Save changes.
Obtain the Host Name of Your Computer
II. Connect to TUapps
III. Access Your Office Computer
- Log in to http://tuapps.temple.edu.
- Click RDP — Standard Security.
- Enter the full host name of your office computer, such as acs-82yl3m1.ocis.temple.edu. Then click Connect.
- If you are warned that the identity of the remote computer cannot be verified and prompted if you want to connect anyway, click Yes.
- A log in window will appear for your office computer. Enter your AccessNet username and password. The Log on to: box should be set to either TEMPLE or TU, depending on how your office computer is set up.
- To end your Remote Desktop session, close the window that displays your office computer.
IV. Access Your Shared Drives
Connect to TUapps and select DocFinder. Then click Computer and you will see your S: and P: folders listed. Click on these folders to view or edit them using the version of Microsoft Office that is part of the TUapps website. Make sure to save the files to these same folders. Otherwise, they may be deleted the next time you log in.
V. Other Information
- All Temple University employees
- Students with a role of Teaching Assistant, Research Assistant or Graduate Assistant can request access to TUapps. A departmental sponsor must submit a request that explains the business need for this access. To do this, use the Request Help tab on the Computer Services home page. It is up to the Computer Services Security Office for approval.
- Can only establish a remote desktop connection to a Windows-based computer
- Your office computer must be running Windows 7 or higher if establishing a remote desktop connection.
- Computer Services employees who would like to connect to their office computer will require an RSA SoftID or SecurID issued by the Computer Services Security Office.
- Systems on Computer Services or HIPAA networks will not be accessible using this service. Contact the Computer Services Security Office by if you need access to these networks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Temple University Computer and Information Services.
All Rights Reserved. For web related questions, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.