Computer Services began sending Tech Bits in December 2011 to share the latest technology news with the Temple community. With the release of today’s 100th Tech Bit, take a glimpse of technology at Temple through the numbers.
Temple Tech Stats
- 7.5 million student visits to the TECH Center since opening in January 2006
- 10,283,541 TUportal logins for last fiscal year
- 17,500+ devices active concurrently on Temple’s wireless network
- 600,000+ concurrent Internet sessions through Temple’s network firewall
- 465+ technology-enabled classrooms enhancing the learning experience
- 44,300+ courses on Blackboard
- 3,600+ computer workstations for student use in over 100 computer labs across Temple’s campuses
- 34,380 phones on the University-managed phone system
- 94,800+ annual Help Desk contacts for assistance
- Over 22,000 computers, 18,000 monitors and 6,000 printers diverted from a landfill and properly disposed of by the Computer Recycling Center since opening in 2005
Please send us ideas for Tech Bit topics that you would like to see in the future. If you have any questions, contact the Help Desk through the TUhelp web site at tuhelp.temple.edu or call 215-204-8000.
Have suggestions or feedback? Reply to this message or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tech Bits Archives