Are you ready? The fall semester is coming fast. If you have any technology needs that have to be taken care of, now is the time to get your requests in. Once student move-in begins in mid-August, Computer Services will be busy attending to students and may need additional time to process your requests. These are some items to think about:
- If you're a new faculty member, welcome to Temple. To get a head start, sign up for a Blackboard Jumpstart and/or WebEx workshop.
- If you're a returning faculty member, recycle your courses now. Learn about creating or reusing Blackboard courses by exploring our quick reference guides and videos.
- If you need special software installed in the labs, contact us now.
- Need assistance? Instructional Support Center consultants are available to answer your questions or help you with technology. Call the ISC at 215-204-0789, send email to email@example.com, or stop by one of the ISC locations.
- Submit hiring paperwork to Human Resources as soon as possible. Computer accounts and other system access depend on this paperwork being in place.
- If you have new staff who need access to Banner (e.g., access to student records or Cognos), submit these requests now.
- Submit requests to have new computers set up and to recycle old equipment.
To submit your requests, contact the Help Desk through the TUhelp web site at tuhelp.temple.edu or call 215-204-8000.
Have suggestions or feedback? Reply to this message or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tech Bits Archives