OWLbox, powered by box.com, is Temple's new free resource for storing, sharing and collaborating on files. The OWLbox website offers students, faculty, and staff 50GB of storage space, access to files anywhere including mobile devices, and sync capability with desktop files.
There is a Facebook-like feature where you can comment and exchange feedback on files you are sharing. The box service automatically keeps previous versions of the documents. In addition you can assign tasks to a shared file and supply a due date.
Getting Started Videos
To access OWLbox, log in to TUportal and select OWLbox on the left or go to http://owlbox.temple.edu.
You can also download a mobile version by clicking a button on the left under Download Now.
- Get 50 GB Free / Organize All Your Files Into Folders
Store all kinds of files online, then arrange them into folders in any manner you like.
- View and Access Files on Demand
Access your files anytime, anywhere using a computer or mobile device.
Instead of storing your files on flash drives and DVDs, store them centrally on OWLbox.
- Share a Whole Folder of Files
Create a new folder, upload files, then invite others to collaborate.
- Receive Real-Time Updates
Receive notifications whenever someone has viewed, edited or commented on your file.
- Invite Others to Share and Edit
Turn folders into shared online workspaces, where all your files are in one place and anyone you invite can view, edit and upload files.
- Post Comments and Assign Tasks
Leave comments and feedback in one place.
- Get Real-Time Updates
Receive notifications whenever you are mentioned in a comment, or a colleague adds, edits or comments on a shared file.
For assistance with specific tasks, see the Support page.
Secure File Sharing
Box Sync Overview
OWLbox for iPad
Fore more videos, see the box Channel on YouTube.
Note: For answers to questions, including the following, see the Temple University Knowledge Base.
- What information can I store in my OWLbox account?
- What are the retention periods in OWLbox? How long do files stay in my Trash?
- Can I get a OWLbox account to replace or use for my department share?
- Why aren't my files syncing to OWLbox via Box Sync? What type of files are not supported by Box Sync?
- Is there a file size limit with OWLbox?
- Is there a limit of the number of files I can put into OWLbox?
- Can I sync my PC/MAC files automatically with my OWLbox account?
- Where do I go to access my box account?
- What if I forget my mobile box PIN?