In the early stage of the Project Enterprise process, the Executive Steering Committee set forth the following guiding principles to lead the selection process and subsequent system implementation:
- Provide students, faculty, and staff with user-friendly, self-service access to timely information and records through the new system.
- Promote consistent workflow to optimize and streamline business processes.
- Institute cross-functional business processes to improve efficiency among departments.
- Implement a framework for information sharing by creating an integrated, single source, university-wide data repository for reporting and data analysis.
- Create and maintain a dependable infrastructure to support university services and accommodate future growth.
- Keep the system installation as generic as possible in order to create consistency and to take advantage of periodic vendor updates including changes in laws, regulations, and industry business practices.
- Adjust business practices when necessary to fit the software instead of modifying the software to fit our current business practices.
- Create communication channels to keep the University community informed about project developments.
- Provide comprehensive and timely user training so staff can begin using the new system as soon as it goes live.
- Complete project deadlines on-time and on-budget.
- Have the best ERP implementation in the country.