Frequently Asked Questions
To use an IMAP client (such as Outlook, Thunderbird, or a PDA/Mobile Device) to access TU Gmail, you must first enable your account for IMAP by logging in through TUmail. Instructions for enabling IMAP are on the Google website.
Note: If you are unable to log in to your account, you will have to change your password.
When you set up your e-mail program for POP or IMAP, you must enter your AccessNet email@example.com e-mail address when you are prompted to enter either your e-mail address or username. Remember to include @temple.edu with your AccessNet username when you enter this information.
If you created a personal account in Google using your AccessNet firstname.lastname@example.org address as your Username, you can import the calendar entries from that account into your TU Gmail account.
To import your calendar entries:
- Go to calendar.google.com and log in to your account.
- Select the original Google account calendar.
- Export the calendar and save the file to your Desktop.
- Log out.
- Then, log in to tumail.temple.edu.
- Go to the TU Gmail menu bar at the top of the window and click Calendar.
- Go My calendars on the left, click the down arrow and select Settings.
- Click Import calendar.
- Click Browse and select email@example.com > Open > Import.
- You can now access your calendar through tumail.temple.edu.
Gmail offers the opportunity to automatically forward incoming mail to another e-mail address.
Go to accounts.temple.edu and change your password. Then, log in to TUmail with your new password.
Note: If you are still unable to log in, go to Verifying password synchronization with Google and follow the instructions to confirm that your password has been successfully updated.
To change the display to upper and lower case letters:
- Click the Gear icon and select Settings.
- At Settings, select the Accounts tab.
- Go to Send mail as and, on the far right, click edit info.
- In the Name field, type your name as you want it to appear in the From field and verify that this option is selected.
- Click Save Changes.
In addition to deleting entire conversations from your TU Gmail, you can also delete selected messages from a conversation.
With Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer, you can attach multiple files to an e-mail. Without the player, however, you may receive an error message and be unable to attach any files. To correct this, you can install Adobe Flash Player or change the attachments setting in your e-mail.
Currently, this feature is not available in TU Gmail.
You can share calendars between your accounts and forward mail from one account to the other. In addition, you can change the "Sent From" field in either account to display the e-mail address of the other account. There is no way, however, to merge the accounts.
To send an HTML message in TU Gmail:
- Create the message in a web editor such as Dreamweaver.
- Display the message in a browser.
- Press Ctrl + A to select the message.
- Press Ctrl + C to copy the message.
- Open TU Gmail and select Compose Mail.
- Under the message heading, click Rich formatting.
- Click in the message pane and press Ctrl + V to paste the message.
- Finally, click Send.
For an explanation, refer to the Conversations topic in Gmail Help.
If you forget or need to change your password, go to accounts.temple.edu
Google offers easy methods for reporting unwanted or suspicious mail.
Where can I find additional help with using my e-mail account?
Temple University Computer and Information Services.
All Rights Reserved. For web related questions, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.