Managing Sleep Mode
Temple University Computer Services supports the university’s commitment to creating and maintaining a sustainable campus. Computers that are not in use should be turned off or participate in power management. However, your computer must be turned on and not in power save mode (or “sleep mode”) in order for you to connect to it using another computer.
To disable sleep mode, please follow the instructions below.
Note: If you cannot successfully perform these steps because options are grayed out, see the Power Managed Computers section below.
- Click Start/Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Power Options.
- In the left pane of the Select a power plan window, click Change when the computer sleeps.
- Click the arrow button next to Put the computer to sleep, and select Never.
- Click Save changes.
- Click Start/Settings/Control Panel/Power Options.
- Click the arrow button next to Turn off hard disks and select Never.
- Click the arrow button next to System Standby and select Never.
- Click OK.
[Mac OS Directions]
A number of university computers are under power management. In order to “wake up” your power managed computer on demand, Computer Services has created the Wake Up My Computer web site, http://wakeup.temple.edu. This site enables you to register your computer and wake it up on demand from a remote location.
Please note that due to the limitations in hardware, some computers may not be remotely woken up from sleep mode via the Wake Up My Computer web site. If you experience difficulty with these instructions, please submit a request by logging in to the TUhelp web site.
For further assistance, please contact the Computer Services Help Desk.
Return to Accessing Your Office Computer
from Off Campus