Voicemail service provides a telephone extension mailbox to receive and retrieve messages. Two types of voicemail are available:
- Single-user voice mailboxes are associated with individual direct telephone extensions.
- Extension/multiple-user voice mailboxes (faculty and staff only) are used to assign one telephone extension to several individuals, each with their own private mailbox.
- Temple University faculty and staff
- Students in residence halls owned or leased by Temple University
- Temple University student organizations
- Temple University Health System employees in facilities either owned or leased by Temple University
Voicemail is only available on telephones installed by the Office of Telecommunications. To ensure proper design and continuity of service, student organizations can request this service through their faculty or administrative sponsor.
The Temple University Technology Usage Policy is the applicable policy.
You will receive an email notifying you that voicemail is available. The email will include instructions to initialize your mailbox, where you will create a personal password. If you wish, you can also record a personal greeting to inform callers that you are away from your phone or on the line. You must complete the initialization process within two weeks. Otherwise, your mailbox will be deleted and you will be charged a reissue fee.
Computer Services will acknowledge a request for voicemail within five business days of submitting a service request.
When your voicemail is available, a confirmation with setup and usage instructions will be emailed to the requester.
The cost is included in the monthly telephone charge.
- Budget unit heads of Temple University and Temple University Health System can request this service for their department employees.
- Faculty or administrative sponsors can request this service for student organizations.
- Students in residence halls owned or leased by Temple University automatically receive single-user mailboxes.
Note: When requesting voicemail for a department, you must include a zero out point . This is the extension to which calls are routed in the event of an emergency. Your zero-out point should be an employee within your department who does not have a voice mailbox, such as a secretary or receptionist.
To request voicemail:
- Temple University Employees
Log in to TUhelp and select Request Service > Telecommunications > Voicemail. Then, complete the form and click Submit.
- Temple University Health System Employees
Complete and submit the Voicemail Application Request Form through any of the following:
- Inter-Office Mail:
Office of Telecommunications
The Tech Center
3rd floor (286-05)
- Call 4-HELP or 215-204-7549 during normal business hours: Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Temple University faculty and staff can submit requests through TUhelp.