Voicemail service provides a telephone extension mailbox to receive and retrieve messages. Two types of voicemail are available:
- Single-user voice mailboxes are associated with individual direct telephone extensions.
- Extension/multiple-user voice mailboxes (faculty and staff only) are used to assign one telephone extension to several individuals, each with their own private mailbox.
- Temple University faculty and staff
- Students in residence halls owned or leased by Temple University
- Temple University student organizations
- Temple University Health System employees in facilities either owned or leased by Temple University
Voicemail is available only on telephones installed by the Office of Telecommunications. To ensure proper design and continuity of service, student organizations can request this service through their faculty or administrative sponsor.
The Temple University Technology Usage Policy is the applicable policy.
Computer Services will acknowledge a request for voicemail within five business days of submitting a service request.
When your voicemail is available, a confirmation with setup and usage instructions will be emailed to the requester.
There is no cost for this service.
- Budget unit heads of Temple University and Temple University Health System can request this service for their department employees.
- Faculty or administrative sponsors can request this service for student organizations.
- Students in residence halls owned or leased by Temple University automatically receive single-user mailboxes.
To request voicemail:
- Temple University Faculty and Staff:
Submit requests through TUhelp.
- Temple University Health System Employees:
Complete and submit the Voicemail Application Request Form through any of the following:
- Inter-Office Mail:
Office of Telecommunications
The Tech Center
3rd floor (286-05)
When notified that your voicemail is available, you will need to complete an initialization process where you will create a personal password. If you wish, you can also record a personal greeting to inform callers that you are away from your phone or on the line. Instructions for initializing and using voicemail are available for faculty and staff office phones and for student residence hall phones.
- Call 4-HELP or 215-204-7549 during normal business hours: Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Temple University faculty and staff can submit requests through TUhelp.