Videoconferencing facilities are available at Temple University to facilitate meetings, classes, conferences, interviews, etc., with others at remote locations. Classroom Technology Support (CTS) provides consultations on the use of videoconferencing.
Current Temple University students and employees
- Consultations are available with the Classroom Technology Support group during normal business hours, however, advanced questions may need to be referred to consultants with special expertise in videoconferencing. Advanced consultations are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Computer Services does not support all videoconferencing facilities. Some Schools, Colleges, and Departments have dedicated locations equipped with videoconferencing capabilities. In most cases, Computer Services is aware of these sites and can direct you to the appropriate person.
- Computer Services does not schedule videoconferencing facilities. Scheduling is arranged by several individuals and is based on location. Computer Services can direct you to the appropriate scheduler or act as a mediator between you and the scheduler.
- Computer Services does not provide cost estimates for videoconferencing installations but can collaborate with you to obtain a estimate from Facilities Management.
- Videoconferencing facilities are limited and setting up a videoconference can be complex. Please be aware that your request may not be able to be fulfilled because a room is not available or there is not sufficient time to set up and test the equipment.
- Computer Services does not provide staff in the room during videoconferencing events. Support for videoconferencing events is provided the same way support is provided to events scheduled in smart classrooms. For additional information, refer to Get Help in a Smart Classroom.
- Depends on the type of consultation
For information about hours of operation, please visit the Classroom Technology Support web page.
Consultations are provided at no charge. Support for videoconferencing events outside normal business hours are subject to charges.
Contact any Classroom Technology Support (CTS) depot. For CTS contact information, please refer to the Classroom Technology Support web page.