TUcloud enables Temple University departments to host applications and/or store data using the infrastructure of Temple's state-of-the-art data center. This resource eliminates the need for departments to purchase and maintain their own servers or storage devices. TUcloud is internally-hosted, secure, and climate-controlled.
In addition, TUcloud is an energy-efficient service that uses virtualization technology which enables the optimal use of hardware, reducing the cost as well as the environmental impact on the university.
Temple offers the following TUcloud services:
- File server (TUvault) stores personal or departmental files and connects through a network drive.
- Application hosting provides a highly available, cost-effective alternative to purchasing your own departmental servers and eliminates the need for IT staff to manage the servers. Prices are very reasonable and are based on the type of services your department needs at any given time. If necessary, services can be easily expanded. In addition, data is hosted on-site at Temple, therefore, security and data privacy are ensured.
- SAN storage connects servers via fiber or iSCSI (Internet Small Computer System Interface) to enterprise level storage.
Note: Data backup is included in the price of all services.
- Applications must be owned by Temple University and run on the Temple University network.
- Storage must be used for Temple University business needs.
- Red Hat Linux and Windows are included in the standard builds; other operating systems can be installed when requested.
- Physical access to servers is not provided.
- Data backups are retained for 30 days.
For additional information, visit the TUcloud website.
To request assistance with recovering data, go to TUhelp and submit a request.
- You must have a FOAPAL and obtain budget head approval.
- The software must be licensed.
- Applications must undergo a security assessment before they are publicly available.
- Data owners/system administrators must restore data on a regular basis to verify that the integrity of the data being stored and backed up is intact.
Standard server builds and storage requests will be fulfilled within five business days.
Requests with special requirements will have fulfillment time that is agreed upon.
Requests for the service are processed during normal business hours.
The TUcloud service is available 24/7, except during periods of planned maintenance. Computer Services strives for 99.9% uptime.
For pricing information, visit the TUcloud website.
You can submit all requests through TUhelp.