Attend a Technology Workshop
Anytime Training: Lynda.com
Free unlimited access to Lynda.com, an online library of high quality instructional videos is available 24/7 to current Temple University faculty, staff, and students. Topics include business skills, photography, design, music, video, animation, web design and development, and more! You can access Lynda.com from the TUportal web site or by visiting http://lynda.temple.edu.
Scheduled Training: Hands-On/Instructor-Led
Free hands-on technology workshops are available to current Temple University students, faculty, and staff. Workshops are taught by professional trainers on topics such as web development, multimedia tools, Google Apps, and Blackboard. Workshops are designed for the beginner as well as the advanced user and usually last from one to three hours. Since some of the sessions build on skills learned in previous workshops, it is critical that you take the prerequisites.
Who is entitled to this service?
Current Temple University students, faculty, and staff are entitled to attend Lynda.com and scheduled training workshops.
What are the limitations and restrictions related to this service?
- For assistance with in-depth use of an application to meet a specific business purpose, such as developing a departmental Access database, submit a request through TUhelp or call the Help Desk at 215-204-8000 (1-8000).
- Failure to attend a scheduled training session may result in loss of privileges for attending future training sessions.
- Attendees who arrive late for a scheduled training session may be denied access.
What are the applicable policies or guidelines?
How do I use this service?
- Current Temple University students, faculty, and staff must register for scheduled training workshops by the deadline, which is one day prior to the event. To register, go to the Training web site, select Register Here, and then log in with your AccessNet username and password.
- Current Temple University students, faculty, and staff can access anytime training (Lynda.com) via TUportal. Log in with your AccessNet username and password. Then, under the TUAPPLICATONS heading on the left menu, click Lynda.com. You can also access Lynda.com at http://lynda.temple.edu.
- During the hands-on training sessions, which last between one and three hours, participants follow activities designed by the Training group. Note that instructors are available after class to answer questions and provide in-depth help.
What are the requirements for using this service?
Participants are required to:
- register for scheduled training events by the deadline, which is one day prior to the event,
- meet the course prerequisites and system requirements detailed in the course descriptions on the Training web site,
- posesss an AccessNet username and password, and
- possess a valid Temple OWLcard (if attending face-to-face training).
Note: When an employee registers for a face-to-face training session, a confirmation notice is automatically sent to the employee's supervisor.
What is the time frame for fulfillment of service?
- Scheduled face-to-face training events are delivered on the scheduled date and last between one and three hours.
- Anytime training is delivered on-demand.
When is this service available for use?
Face-to-face technology training events are scheduled throughout the year from Monday through Friday between 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Anytime training (Lynda.com) is delivered 24/7 and on-demand throughout the year except during periods of system, network, or electrical maintenance.
What is the cost of this service?
There is no cost associated with this service.
How do I request this service?
Anytime Training (Lynda.com)
Visit the TUportal web site and log in with your AccessNet username and password. Then, under the TUAPPLICATONS heading on the left menu, click Lynda.com. You can also access Lynda.com at http://lynda.temple.edu.
Scheduled Training (Hands-on)
Visit the registration page and click Register for Technology Training to view course descriptions. Then, click Add to Cart to the right of each course you want to select, click Complete Registration, and follow the prompts to finalize your selections.
How do I obtain help with requesting this service?
Contact the Help Desk at 215-204-8000 (1-8000) or submit a request at TUhelp.