The TECH (Teaching, Education, Collaboration and Help) Center is a 75,000 sq. ft., state-of-the-art technology facility with resources that cater to current learning styles. Designed with a variety of workspaces to enable students to work collaboratively or individually, the TECH Center is the largest of its kind in the nation.
This dynamic facility allows students to meet, study, collaborate, relax, and take advantage of the following resources:
- a student computer center with 700 computers including up to 600 fixed workstations, 100 wireless loaner laptops, and many high-speed duplex and color specialty printers
- 13 breakout rooms and 2 MediaScape tables for collaboration and group study
- specialized labs including specialty printing, video editing, recording booths, multimedia studio, graphic design, music composition, advanced technology lab, and "quiet" zones
- social space for students with lounge areas and plasma TVs
- Temple's Welcome Center, a 4,260 sq. ft. facility to host University visits by prospective students
- 24-hour Help Desk for students, faculty, and staff
- Faculty Wing including resources such as the Teaching and Learning Center and the Instructional Support Center
- Starbucks Café serving coffee and light refreshments
- Current students, faculty, staff, and first-year alumni* of Temple University
- Computers are for personal, non-profit use only; commercial use of equipment is not permitted.
*Alumni use of the TECH Center is limited to first-year graduates (one full year following their Temple graduation date). First-year graduates are welcome to use the general lab areas at the TECH Center, but are not allowed to bring guests. Computer use is for personal, non-profit use only; commercial use of equipment is not permitted.
The TECH Center Policies include information about usage such as general policies, food and drink, and cell phones as well as details about breakout rooms, specialty labs, and printing.
- Enter the TECH Center lobby, go to the security desk, and then:
- Students and employees must swipe their Temple ID cards.
- First-year graduates must sign in with their AccessNet ID and password at the "Authentication Station."
- Use your AccessNet username and password to log in to lab workstations and log off upon completion of work.
- For questions, visit the consultant desk on the 2nd floor.
- All workstations, including specialty labs, are available on a first-come, first-served basis
- To reserve a breakout room, recording booth, or the multimedia studio, you must make a reservation at the consultant desk on the 2nd floor. Note that orientation is required before using the multimedia studio.
- To borrow a laptop, you must sign a contract at the consultant desk on the 2nd floor.
- Students and employees must swipe their Temple ID cards at the security desk.
- You must log in to lab workstations with your AccessNet user name and password
- To print:
- students and employees: swipe their Temple ID card for standard printing or Print on the Go wireless printing
- first-year graudates: get a guest printing card from the Help Desk on the 1st floor. You can deposit printing funds on the card for future use or use cash at the vending unit in the specialty printing room.
The TECH Center lab is open on a 24-hour-a-day basis Sunday through Friday during peak usage periods, such as fall and spring semester weekdays, with reduced hours during slower periods. The overall schedule is as follows:
- Fall and spring semester (30 weeks)
Open 24 hours from 11 a.m. Sunday through 7:30 p.m. Friday;
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Note: Extended hours may be scheduled during final exams.
- Summer semester (15 weeks)
Monday through Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.;
Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.;
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.;
Sunday: 11:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Intersessions and spring break
Monday through Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.;
Saturday and Sunday: closed
The building is closed on University holidays beginning at 5:00 p.m. the night before, unless otherwise directed.
Note: Hours may be subject to change, particularly during holidays or final exams. If you are traveling a significant distance to visit the TECH Center, call 215-204-8000 to confirm hours.
Current hours as well as a complete schedule are available on the TECH Center website.
The TECH Center is available at no charge to current Temple University students, employees, and first-year graduates. Note that some charges apply for printing. Details about printing charges are in the Student Printing in Temple University Computer Labs policy.
The TECH Center is on the Main Campus at 12th and Montgomery Ave. The Center is open to current students, employees, and alumni of Temple University.
- Current students and employees must swipe their Temple University ID at the security desk in the lobby.
- First-year graduates may be admitted to the TECH Center by signing in with their AccessNet ID and password at the "Authentication Station" at the security desk in the lobby.
- To reserve a breakout room, go to the consultant desk on the 2nd floor of the TECH Center lab or call 215-204-9898.