Using a Remote Desktop connection, you can access the programs and files on your office computer from off campus. The connection makes it appear as if you are actually sitting in front of the computer clicking on programs installed on your computer, opening files, etc.
- All Temple University employees
- Students with a role of Teaching Assistant, Research Assistant or Graduate Assistant and departmental sponsor with a documented business need
- Computer Services employees who would like to connect to their office computer will require an RSA token and will follow a separate process.
- Systems on the HIPAA network will not be accessible using this service.
Part I. Set up your office computer to receive connections
Part II. Set up your off-campus computer to connect
Part III. Connect to your office computer from off-campus
- If you are an employee, you must have an AccessNet account and perform the setup and connecting instructions.
- If you are a student, you must have an AccessNet account and have both departmental sponsor and Computer Services Security Office approval. After approval, perform the setup and connecting instructions.
- Your office computer must be running Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3, Windows Vista Enterprise with Service Pack 2, Windows 7 Enterprise and OS X 10.5 and above
- Your home computer must be capable of running the Citrix Access Gateway Plug-in client software. This software is available for Windows XP , Windows Vista (32-bit & 64-bit) & Windows-7 (32-bit & 64-bit), Mac OS X 10.5 and Mac OS X 10.6 (32 & 64 bit) on Intel platforms.
- If you are an employee, this service is available to you immediately.
- If you are an eligible student, your service request requires authorization and if approved will be fulfilled within 1 business day after receiving faculty sponsor and security approval. (Refer to the previous question.)
This service is available 24 hours a day throughout the year except during periods of system, network or electrical maintenance.
This service is provided at no charge.
- If you are an employee, you already have access. Please follow the documentation to connect to your office computer.
- If you are an eligible student, you will need a departmental sponsor fill out a request through TUhelp. Once approved, you can follow the documentation to connect to your office computer.
For assistance with any of the steps listed under Service Description, contact the Computer Services Help Desk at 215-204-8000 (1-8000) or by submitting a request through TUhelp.